North Loch Lomond site wanted

Telstar

Free Member
Help

At the end of May, I will be looking for an overnight stop somewhere around Tarbet to Crianlarich. The idea being to get this far on the Friday night, spend a pleasant night here and then move on Sat am, to catch the ferry from Oban at lunch time to Barra.

Any suggestions would be welcome, particularly those easy to find if it is dark!

cheers

Jon

if i recall correctly :confused: there is a caravan site/park just north of the golf course :cool:

regards;)
aj

Help

At the end of May, I will be looking for an overnight stop somewhere around Tarbet to Crianlarich. The idea being to get this far on the Friday night, spend a pleasant night here and then move on Sat am, to catch the ferry from Oban at lunch time to Barra.

Any suggestions would be welcome, particularly those easy to find if it is dark!

cheers

Jon
Hi telstar,
There is a car park just north of loch lomond on the A82 at the falls of Falloch, its on the maps. Ive use this myself, failing that carry on the A82 through Tyndrum for about a mile or so and at the top of the rise, on your right theres a car park next to the railway track, thats always deserted, and no trains after 11pm.

last year we stayed in tarbet in the carpark beside l lomond where the cruise ferries go from.
ther were 2 other campers there that nite. no one came near us.
tony

Yep as tony said the carpark in tarbet stayed there a few times with no problems, great views over the loch to ben lomond also.

Hi all the places to park ok,but the road to Crianlarach along side Loch Lomond is not good We travel in these parts often in 20ft coachbuilt but would use the safer and beautiful Rest and be Thankfull to Inverary,under the arch way on right then on to Oban
Large rough car park just off road after you have come over Rest or you can park at top of Rest on the left.Both these stopovers are about 5 mls past Tarbet and very easy to find Bon Voyage

loch lomond

you can park in the very large lay-bye just past luss opposite campsite it's well off the main rd there is allways m/homes parked there, enjoy your hols!

Hi all the places to park ok,but the road to Crianlarach along side Loch Lomond is not good We travel in these parts often in 20ft coachbuilt but would use the safer and beautiful Rest and be Thankfull to Inverary,under the arch way on right then on to Oban
Large rough car park just off road after you have come over Rest or you can park at top of Rest on the left.Both these stopovers are about 5 mls past Tarbet and very easy to find Bon Voyage

yes we done this (rest & be thankful) route last year. it is a lovely drive.
tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back