Norfolk Broads

Anne Rowe

Hi Folks
Went for a walk locally to Salhouse Broad today, the car park is a beauty for motorhomers, (too close to home for us) but thoroughly checked it out, there are no rules or no overnight restrictions at all. It is completely off the road in a thickly wooded area, with a lovely walk down to the broad itself. Also clean toilets there. Havent got a grid reference, but will get one next time. Check out the village of Salhouse, just East of Norwich.

Thanks for that Anne, I will check it out in the next couple of weeks, going down to Norwich to help my Daughter to move house when she gets a date, may not stay overnight but like a walk near any of the broads.

Tony

Re: Salhouse

Could either of you please let me know how close the car park is to the water, as we are hoping to launch a small inflatable and motor into Wroxham to surprise some friends... but the engine is heavier than I thought, so I can't carry it far.

Wild Camping at Salhouse Broad

Just spent a couple of night at this car park at Salhouse Broad.

I don't know if these are coordinates but if you put the following into Google Maps or click here you will find it.

52.682950, 1.430010

DON'T FORGET YOUR WHEEL RAMPS!!! (it's a bit on the huh, as we say in Norfolk)

Thanks for finding it in the first place.

Enjoy what's left of the summer.

Reactions: PJK

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back