nice Campervan book

wildebus

My sister gave me this book and I thought I would share it with you.
My Cool Campervan: Amazon.co.uk: Jane Field-Lewis & Chris Haddon: Books - - My Cool Campervan.

What is good about it is that it is not filled with the usual VW Campervan stuff(although obviously there are some featured) but has loads of different makes, including Bedford, Commer and Ford, and is a mix of home-brew, commercial and bespoke.
Only flicked through it at the moment but I will enjoy giving it a proper read. Reckon it would make a super pressie for those into Campers (I see the same writers have a "My Cool Caravan" as well, but not got that so can't comment more)

My Cool Series

Had a look using your Amazon link and see there are another 2 titles:

My Cool Shed: An Inspirational Guide to Stylish Hideaways
My Cool Treehouse: An Inspirational Guide to Stylish Treehouses

To follow? My Cool Yorkshireman's Abode: An Inspirational Guide to Stylish Cardboard Boxes in't Middle of t'Road.

The "My Cool Campervan" sounds good for me but were there enough photos? Some Amazon reviews said not enough photos and "frustratingly uninformative". I guess those comments came from people planning to self build/convert vans looking for inspiration.

I bought Van Life by Foster Huntington a few months ago. Cover says "Inspiration for your life on the road" which I thought might mean a good selection of interior photos. Actually not as many as I hoped for but lots of arty pictures of vans in interesting locations and some interesting accounts from owners.
A good book on the whole just not quite as I expected.

From my flick through I think there ARE enough photos. I like to read descriptions to accompany a picture and would easy the balance is pretty right (for me anyway). It certainly isn't a 'how to' guide by any means but more of an 'cool ideas' book. Maybe like a published version of an Instagram search?
I did after posting the initial post buy the cool caravan book as well.

Sounds like a good book.I've got a birthday coming up so might have to drop a few hints:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back