new to motorhoming

catherall

hello everyone new to wildcamping since getting our van in March, just back to county antrim after spending 3 weeks in Scotland, wildcamped every night
can't wait to get back. Really enjoy reading your posts, first time I have plucked up the courage to post a message myself.

welcome aboard!

Whats anrim like then for wild camping?

Craig

Welcome.
just back from a bike rally at Ballymena rugby club, some brilliant roads around the Glens, let us all know of any good wildcamping areas in the north.
Who knows, you could be the Northern Ireland Rep.
Cheers, Pete.
PS, where abouts in Antrim are you.

In Antrim town there is a park where the river runs into lough neagh, a beautiful spot, There is a campsite there. adjecent to the river where there is fishing and pleasure boating, we stayed in one of the carparks. overlooking the river and lough, the warden closes the gates at ten and reopens them at 8 the next morning, he spoke to us as he left, to let us know he was locking up for the night, the only advantage we could see to staying in the caravan park was to get a pass key, other motorhomers we spoke to said when they came again they would not be paying £17 , but would park up as we did. I live in newtownabbey. I have noticed our Council do not have height barriers on their car park, some nice ones on the shore at belfast lough, i am also close to and Aire at carrickfergus,which gets a bit noisy with boy races, also another one along the coast at Whtehead. Thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back