new legislation against Wildcamping in Almeria Spain

jimnshe

A timeley warning for Winter sun seekers to the Popular MOJACAR area of Costa Almeria.......from the Euroweekly News, a meeting of the town council in MOJACAR recently passed a byelaw,with immediate effect, that camping in either tents, caravans or motorhomes/campers in areas other than designated campsites is prohibited within its boundaries. On the spot fines from 60 to(for littering also)100 euros can be issued by both local Police and Guardia Civil. This will put an end to the scores of Motorhomes from all over Europe who regularly use the land adjacent to the Beaches in this popular winter location. It seems as if ALL areas, not just the Beaches are covered and includes car parks(even sleeping in your car is encompassed in the byelaw) It also caters for Motorhomes which are unattended to be towed away, incurring a tow charge as well as the fine when you collect it....so no hideing around the corner till the Police leave!! I think that this is the thin end of the wedge and that more local councils may follow suite. I am a motorhomer , living near the MOJACAR area and would hate for subscribers to this site to fall foul of this new byelaw..regards Jim.

may be it is following whats hapening in santander
or may be they are trying to be british

spain

last time we went to spain and i mean the very last time we will ever go our motorhome was broken into, the worst thing was the police could not give a toss my advice is to stay out of these third world countries THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back