New Campervan owner

medenview

Hello everyone. What a wonderful site.

My wife and I have recently bought a 1980 VW T25 Holdsworths Villa 3. We've been away in her (Gladys) once, staying on a
site in the Lake District.

We are unsure how long the leisure battery would last when wilding. Can anyone advise us on this as we see this as a cheap
way of seeing the UK, even cheaper if we do a spot of wild camping instead of using sites.

We do have an onboard water tank, fridge etc.

Cheers
Simon & Sharon (and Gladys)

hiya Simon & Sharon (and Gladys)

Welcome

Dependant on your useage an 85ah battery should last about 4 days ( lights radio and some telly ) 110ah a little longer. Heating cooking hot water for washing should be gas. we use a 7kg cylinder and wild camping lasts 5 weekends even lomger in the summer. Just remember to switch electrics to site position when parked up to avoid draining you vehical battery and the back to touring when traveling and you should be fine. Even when away for two weeks its fine as we move on every couple of days so leisure battery gets recharged.

Any again WELCOME and enjoy thye great outdoors with your new MH.

Were off up to bigger over the new year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND AGREAT NEW YEAR TO YOU AND ALL OUR FELLOW WILDCAMPERS

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, Gladys is now poorly. She broke down on us on Christmas Eve. Think it may be the
gearbox. I can't get 1st and reverse and when I do get her in 2nd, she moves a little then
stops.

Does anyone know where I can find a good VW mechanic in Notts or Derbys?

Thanks
Simon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back