Nanny state motorhomes!

barryd

This new fangled van!!

Just starting to relax while Michelle is in the shower and another bloody alarm goes off. WTF is that! Thinks I. So I have a look at the fat controller panel above the door that seems to be in control of this trip rather than me and its flashing and panicking that we are out of water and blaring an alarm. So I turn off the water at the panel and the alarm goes off. Then the even louder alarm (Michelle) goes off in the shower!! "The waters gone off!!". So a manual inspection of the tank reveals a good three inches left!! Must be 20 litres easy! Possibly. So I turn it back on again and the shower commences but the fat controller says no and starts screaming again. I win though as I had a 25 litre carrier standing by and immediately drop that down the bomb hatch. Tranquillity resumes for now. :D

Bit bonkers it goes off so early though.

I think it’s a Sargent so you probably just turned off the pump hence the scream from the shower ,cann’t be certain but I think it goes quiet after a while (not the one from the shower) and comes back on next time you use a tap.

I think it’s a Sargent so you probably just turned off the pump hence the scream from the shower ,cann’t be certain but I think it goes quiet after a while (not the one from the shower) and comes back on next time you use a tap.
It is a Sargent. The alarm went before I turned it off while Michelle was in the shower so I turned off the water to stop the alarm but had to turn it on again because the screams from the shower were worse. :D So the Alarm started again but you are right. The Fat controller gave up after about a minute by which time I had started topping it up from the emergency 25 litre carrier. All good. Stupid thing.

It is a Sargent. The alarm went before I turned it off while Michelle was in the shower so I turned off the water to stop the alarm but had to turn it on again because the screams from the shower were worse. :D So the Alarm started again but you are right. The Fat controller gave up after about a minute by which time I had started topping it up from the emergency 25 litre carrier. All good. Stupid thing.
That's the problem with having that lovely big shower compartment Baz, TOH will spend ages in there luxuriating and using up all the water Get down wickes and add a sheet of plywood and make it really cramped in there, if you make it look really shite she'll stay out altogether and use baby wipes like you're supposed to.

Go through the settings, you should have options not to have the alarm on at all or maybe mute. Mine is a different system and visual only but I can select if it’s on or off
My alarm goes off all the time but only for a few seconds (10?) . Tank gauge plays up all the time

My fresh and grey water tank readouts are far from accurate, so I disconnected them at each tank. FWT holds 140 litre when full, which I can access from inside for a visual check of FW level, I actually fill tank up from inside van, it is rare to use the outside fill point. Point being, disconnection stopped the irritating audible alarm going off.

My fresh and grey water tank readouts are far from accurate, so I disconnected them at each tank. FWT holds 140 litre when full, which I can access from inside for a visual check of FW level, I actually fill tank up from inside van, it is rare to use the outside fill point. Point being, disconnection stopped the irritating audible alarm going off.

Barry filled up from inside as well.

He ran a hose from the kitchen sink straight into the top of the tank - he's still filling it now. 😐

That's the problem with having that lovely big shower compartment Baz, TOH will spend ages in there luxuriating and using up all the water Get down wickes and add a sheet of plywood and make it really cramped in there, if you make it look really shite she'll stay out altogether and use baby wipes like you're supposed to.

I've even had the odd shower myself Merl!! Its so nice. Don't tell anyone, It will ruin my Rock n Roll image.

Go through the settings, you should have options not to have the alarm on at all or maybe mute. Mine is a different system and visual only but I can select if it’s on or off

Just a single or five second beep would be better rather than some kind of Armageddon early warning system that seemed to go on forever. :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back