Mystery gas bottle

lenny

Hi. does anyone recognise the gas bottle in this picture.
There are two in the van i just bought and I believe the van has a history of touring in europe.
Could this be one of those lightweight refillable ones I have read about on this site?
Thanks in advance..Lenny

Attachments

• PICT0034_edited.JPG
    PICT0034_edited.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 183
There are two in the van i just bought and I believe the van has a history of touring in europe.
Could this be one of those lightweight refillable ones I have read about on this site?
Thanks in advance..Lenny

hi heres a link to a dutch website which will tell you all about
(if you can read dutch) :D :D :D
sundown

http://www.progalys.be/NLD/propaan.htm

Thanks in advance..Lenny

Never seen it before in this country.:eek:

Thanks sundown but I'm still none the wiser. Any bi-lingual members out there?
I was hoping it was one of those gas bottles that you can refill at petrol stations with LPG.

Thanks sundown but I'm still none the wiser. Any bi-lingual members out there?
I was hoping it was one of those gas bottles that you can refill at petrol stations with LPG.

Maybe can you not contact where you got your van and ask them cos if its Dutch its a long hike to get a refill Lenny :eek:

Lenny if you are thinking of changing your gas i have hear that there is a place on the team vally trading estate that are cheap and you do not need an exchange bottle ;)

Thanks Trev ,I know of the place you're on about but I've got loads of different bottles and regulators.
I've also found loads of literature and maps of europe which I found under the seat if anyones interested, Oh, and a nice new corkscrew so Ithink it's time to pop a bottle of red.

Thanks Trev ,I know of the place you're on about but I've got loads of different bottles and regulators.
I've also found loads of literature and maps of europe which I found under the seat if anyones interested, Oh, and a nice new corkscrew so Ithink it's time to pop a bottle of red.

No probs mate, didnt think they put corks in bottles anymore.

The cylinder looks like a "Patio Gas" container. The reason that there are lots of regulators is because they have been touring Europe. You can buy a kit of adaptors and it costs nearly £100 so keep hold of what you have got.
If the van is an ex Dutchy and you have a handful of maps then you can bet that its done some kilometres.
What does the odometer (?) read?

The cylinder looks like a "Patio Gas" container. The reason that there are lots of regulators is because they have been touring Europe. You can buy a kit of adaptors and it costs nearly £100 so keep hold of what you have got.
If the van is an ex Dutchy and you have a handful of maps then you can bet that its done some kilometres.
What does the odometer (?) read?

The van is English registered with 90+k on the clock but it is 20 year old.
you're right ,the van does show evidence of european tours,lucky devils.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back