My sons first car

lenny

No camping this weekend:(, I practically dedicated the whole weekend to obtaining my sons first car:eek:(this is the first of my siblings to take to the road), firstly I had to check out the car for sale for him and approve, then sort out the dosh:eek: till he gets sorted,then sort out the insurance for him,then induct him on it ,then accompany him on his first drive:eek::D, show him how to refuel (guess who payed) but worst of all for me and the wife, having to wave him off on his first solo trip:eek:, it reminded me of when we first took the stabilisers off his first proper bike;).

Well, thats one out the way, just four more to go:(, don't know if my nerves can stand it.

Oh yes , here's a pic of it (£700)

05072008119-1.jpg

I can remember going through the same emotions myself Lenny. I dont know what is harder when they go out for the evening in a car driven by someone else, or when they actually start driving myself.

My son passed his driving test on a Wed's afternoon six years ago, and then loading up his Metro as much as Metro's can be. and him and two of his mates set off for Glastonbury festival on the Thursday morning for the weekend.

Worrying times they were, I didnt know what to worry about more :eek:

I am sure your son will be fine, Teach him all you know, and trust his judgement, This parenting lark doesnt get any easier as they get older does it, :)

Hi lenny that takes me back, Jane put my eldest girl on her insurance as a named driver the first crash she had was a wing bonnet and front bumper and only a wheel on the 4x4 she pulled out in front of, she paid for the wheel I went of and got her bits from the scrap yard, and all I heard was how long is it going to be I want to go out! then she got a saxo wrote it off and lost Janes no claims. I had my young daughter on my insurance with protected no claims first car no problems second car Fiat punto 1 week and its scrap I went down to 50% no claims. Now they do it all their self I dont even crawl under them anymore, I just say take it to the garage and they get the bill sent to them, I did use to take it to the garage for them but they moaned about me taking the dog with me, so thats fine with me take it yourself, if the dog could speak it would moan about getting in such a tip,still it makes my life a little better. Good Luck Bob.:D:D

Just looking at the picture Lenny what that needs is an A FRAME on the front!

Last edited:
Hia
No wonder you couldn't go away you spent all your money :D:D:D on one of your pride and joys ----

Good yellow car.
mine is a little yellow number with a sunflower painted on the bonnet and a couple of bees along her side. Waiting for more bees to be put on her. i will take a photo of her tomorrow if I remember

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back