My old merc 811d - where is she now?

mariesnowgoose

This is the old merc I bought 3 years ago.
Too big for the drive really, but I absolutely loved it.
Bought it from a chap in Ripon without telling the OH. His face was a picture when I turned up with it ;)

We now have an old Ford Autosleeper which is a brilliant little camper and fits on the drive a treat, but I still miss this old girl.

I paid £1,200 for it. Sold it for £1,500 to a chap from Devon who sold it on 3 months later for over £4,000. You certainly live and learn!
I wonder where she is now?

I adore old mercedes vans/trucks, the bigger the better. They make me go all gooey :giggle: :eek:

Mercedes-Benz 811D camper van truck 1988 - YouTube

i can see why you miss your merc,i've fitted a few of these vans 004.jpgvans 013.jpg,this was a 814.i do like the bigger bus but they're a bit impractical as you know,great for living in though

What a fantastic motorhome, great Merc too.

Shame that because of a change in legislation the current Vario has become a bit of dinosaur in some respects.

This is the old merc I bought 3 years ago.
Too big for the drive really, but I absolutely loved it.
Bought it from a chap in Ripon without telling the OH. His face was a picture when I turned up with it ;)

We now have an old Ford Autosleeper which is a brilliant little camper and fits on the drive a treat, but I still miss this old girl.

I paid £1,200 for it. Sold it for £1,500 to a chap from Devon who sold it on 3 months later for over £4,000. You certainly live and learn!
I wonder where she is now?

I adore old mercedes vans/trucks, the bigger the better. They make me go all gooey :giggle: :eek:

Mercedes-Benz 811D camper van truck 1988 - YouTube

them old mercs rule, they are the only vehicle id have aprt from my landrover of course, them mercs can last a lifetime

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back