My latest Van

Aspire255

I’m not a full member on here for the simple reason I don’t have a lot to say but putting that aside I thought I would show you my latest Van.
In the last five years I’ve had three Vans, my first being a Compass Rambler which was ideal at the time for me, because at that time I only had myself to consider but since meeting my partner I had to reconsider the suitability of my first van. After several trips away, one to Scotland it was decided the Compass rambler wasn’t for us, my partner didn’t like the overhead coffin bed so I part exchanged the Compass Rambler for the Autosleeper Cotswold with the permanent end bed.
After a year that van turned out not exactly what we were hoping for, I won’t recount the many disappointments we had with the van, what I will say is, we had to cut one of our holidays short because I couldn’t get any water into the holding tank. On getting It back to the dealers it was discovered the valve inside of the tank had turned upside down shutting off the inlet valve.
As you can see I now own an Elddis Aspire 255 [ hence my user name]
We have had this van for just over a year and I must say we are very happy with it, this is not to say it’s been a stress free year. A waste pipe leaked caused by the flexi pipe coming lose and rubbing on one of the back wheels which in turn wore a hole in the pipe that led to waste water running all over the back wheel. It was under guarantee and a new pipe was fitted. The latest thing to go wrong was the Fridge Freezer, a new circuit board had to be fitted. The fridge freezer worked while on gas and battery power but wouldn’t work while connected to the mains, it too was sorted under the fridge freezers three year guarantee. There have been a few minor problems but nothing that I haven’t been able to sort myself. I have installed two half moon shelves in the bedroom either side of the bed, we do like to take our drinks to bed with us, and without them we had nowhere to put our mugs of Horlicks.
I toyed with the idea of a solar panel on the roof at one time but someone said I would be wasting my money doing so, instead I bought another leisure battery and installed that under one of the bench seats inside of the van, that has turned out to be perfect, I can now get five days of use from both of them before I need to move the van to recharge them.
Before I installed the extra battery I was struggling with two days use.
One of the main advantages I have found with this van is the lighting, all LCDs they are, I find them much better than the fluorescents one finds in a lot of older vans.
I was looking at one of the new Autosleepers the other day while at my dealers, the new Cotswold now has LCD lighting. What I miss with the Cotswold is the gas tank being an integrated component, changing gas bottles late at night or while its raining isn’t my idea of fun…

1212121212083-1.jpg

I’m not a full member on here for the simple reason I don’t have a lot to say but putting that aside I thought I would show you my latest Van.

One of the main advantages I have found with this van is the lighting, all LCDs they are, I find them much better than the fluorescents one finds in a lot of older vans.
I was looking at one of the new Autosleepers the other day while at my dealers, the new Cotswold now has LCD lighting. …

:giggle: You say you don't have a lot to say?
:confused:You of course mean LED lighting?? :p

Welcome and, nice van :dance:

My mistake..

Good choice Maxx I hope the Autosleeper gives you many years of reliability.
When it comes to making comparisons the Autosleeper leaves the rest in its wake in my opinion. Finish is miles ahead of the rest and the attention to detail is something to be envied by the rest.
The new Cotswold has come down in price and is a lighter van too so I was told by my dealer, but saying all that I wouldn’t change my Aspire255 for a new Autosleeper, not now.

My mistake Beemer, I tend to get the two mixed up, I put the confusion down to my age.
I was once asked if my 42” Samsung ultra thin flat screen television was Plasma or LCD, I said LCD, later when my blood sugars were back to normal I realised it wasn’t a LCD but a LED television…

Getting back to the Cotswold for just a brief moment, it too has now LED lighting and comes already fitted with solar panel, they really do know how to do things.

2cv..shall look into that device looks really a neat peice of kit....

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back