My first motorhome.

Bushtrekker

Sold to an American, so probably back in the States by now. DSCF0553.jpgDSCF0554.jpg

Reminds me of my 110 camper. I must try to dig out a few old photos.

TJ

The strange thing was that although my wife wouldn't sleep in the roof tent.......

... she found it amusing that whenever we pulled up most women on the site fell in love with it and wanted to look inside.

no inside shots sorry. I bought the moggy for £40,it was built as a gown van,for those who never came across these,they were used to deliver quality clothing to retailers,they were built on many different base vehicles,and were usually lined out with ply and mahogany trim,this one smelt like a piano. I put the windows in and painted it.the shelf above the cab took 2 small kids slid in feet first,and yes it did hurt when they fell on you in the night !
it was a pig to drive as the suspension couldn't handle the weight,bit like steering a boat.we loved it !

the princess was an impulse buy at £150,stupidest motor I ever bought,but a lovely drive. straight 6 petrol engine did 9 to the gallon,i fitted it out but had to get rid.it had the 'Jackall' system-turn a knob in the floor and 4 fixed jacks raised the whole thing about 10 inches off the road for tyre changing !

I did a Google and found a few more moggi campers, at that time caravan were restricted 40 mph bet it didn't pass many. Bazz

Nice piece of kit! It may be 'pimped' with all the metal trim chromed-I've seen it done when the Yanks were at Faslane in Holy Loch.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back