My Boxer 350 LWD Diesel

g4jnw

Here are some pics of my boxer, just bought this week, was nicely converted but the hob area needs sorting as the hobs not working correctly.
Unfortunately I could not have any conversations with the actual owner, although the documents had been signed, as he is seriously ill in hospital, so am having to find out what switches do what etc.

The van needed a good clean and thats more or less sorted, some "nice" person had taken an advantage of the poor guy being ill and had broken in and taken both leisure batteries, the step (strange thing to take) and the towball - not a clue how the solar panel works as i can't find any controls for it and tracing the wires would mean getting behind the carpeted ceiling.

Drives really well, just needs a service.

van1.jpg
bathroom1.jpgbathroom2.jpgcamper1.jpgseating1.jpgsolar1.jpgstove1.jpgvan1.jpg

Hi there,

Just a couple of things, you really need to try and find the Regulator from the Solar Panel
because if it`s still connected to the Solar Panel without being connected to the Leisure Battery/Batteries it is going to ruin it.

If you find it disconnect it from the panel and make sure the cables are Isolated because on a nice sunny day like today
that Panel is whacking out 21 Volts

The Regulator needs connecting to the Batteries Before it is connected to the Panel.

And the other thing is have a look in the unit that the Hob is sat on. There is every chance there will be a Gas Valve in there as well and it might
be as simple as that has been turned off.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Just a couple of things, you really need to try and find the Regulator from the Solar Panel
because if it`s still connected to the Solar Panel without being connected to the Leisure Battery/Batteries it is going to ruin it.

The Regulator needs connecting to the Batteries Before it is connected to the Panel.

And the other thing is have a look in the unit that the Hob is sat on. There is every chance there will be a Gas Valve in there as well and it might
be as simple as that has been turned off.
ok on the regulator will get up to the roof and see if i can find out where the wires go in and try and trace them. Already turned the gas valves on, there are 4, can get one of the tops off the rings (they are well held with cross head screws) the others are soaking in wd40 - for the one ive got off, the pipe was clogged (and i mean clogged) up with white salt like material that could be alluminium corrosion, have rodded a bit out and lit it, yellow flames so am gonna get in with the hoover to see if i can clear it, the other rings are probably well clogged too.

EDIT: been and had a look at the solar panel and it feeds inside to a sunnguard solar controller which was behind the zig unit, its connected to the zig unit.
this is the type http://www.astrumenergysolutions.co...troller.html?gclid=CJvxoMiuuLYCFcLHtAodRSYANw have measured the output in volts and its cloudy but there is a small output.

Last edited:
you could also just cover the panels up for now till you get it sorted, stop them producing any power temporarily

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back