Motorhome Rear Marker Light

UFO

Just back from a 3 night test run in our 2006 Chausson Allegro 83 motorhome - first time out.

On arriving home I saw that the left hand (near side) rear marker light lens has disappeared - may be an occupational hazard of motorhoming. I was not aware of hitting anything but having driven a panel van conversion for the last 15 years we were not as good as avoiding narrow roads as we will need to be, so there was the occassional brush with the vegetation.

I need a replacement. Is it possible to buy just the lens?

The complete unit looks like a HELLA 2XS008479001, and is £9.99

It will need a new bulb as well, not sure if this is included in the £9.99.

Any advice from experienced motorhomers appreciated.

At £9.99 for the complete unit is it really worth while trying to hunt down a lens only part which is unlikely to be sold and even if you eventually find it would save just a couple of quid?

Intrigued to see that is noted as "Left side only"? It looks like a symmetrical design and to fit on the right would just need rotating 180 degrees. (bit like the Hella Rear light enclosures for Motorhomes which are the same left and right - all you do is swivel them round).

The pictures do show a bulb so I would imaging it is included.
Yes, I noticed the bulb after I made the post.

At £9.99 for the complete unit is it really worth while trying to hunt down a lens only part which is unlikely to be sold and even if you eventually find it would save just a couple of quid?
Yes, agreed. I was just wondering whether I should carry some spare lens! The base is pop-riveted to the motorhome body but if the base is not damaged I will use the new lens only.

Reactions: UFO
From memory (so could be wrong) the base units are RH and LH but a lens can be used on either side.

I think you're right Jim. The base is marked 'TOP' at the top and there should be a drain hole at the bottom. And the coordination of the screwholes is different.

Unless the drain hole is in the lens, but I can't see one.

I've never come across the lens being sold separately, but it may just be a case of searching using the correct terms.

Hella produce these units with bases in grey and cream.

Grey: 2XS 008 479-061 (Left) and 2XS 008 479-071 (Right)

Cream: 2XS 008 479-087 (Left) and 2XS 008 479-097 (Right)

Back