Motorhome parents

GARY ENGLISH

Just out of intrest ,how many off us have parents that are motorhome owners.I can remember going with parents in a bedford ca dormobile with sliding doors.They were a nightmare at night.Then a commer wanderer,followed by a ford ci autohome,some classics now,the good old days.As they say it must be in the jeans, had several ,bedfords cfs volkswagons couple of coach builts, should i say caravans as well.

My parents had caravans so guess that's where I got the bug from. M/H's were very scarce in those days and only the posh people used to be able to afford them.

Last edited:
Parents

My parents started with motorvans,then went to caravans.Were as i started tents caravans then motorhomes.Could not go back now .

Certainly a kind of easy way of life isn't it? I am fulltime and don't think I will ever go back to a house permanently.:)

parents and motorhomes

my parents didn't have one. they made us walk everywhere and use hostels but i'm in the reverse situation , my son has just bought his first van, one of my proudest moments .

I went tenting as a kid with my parents.... I seem to remember everyday seemed an adventure!

I also went tenting at about 19/20 and somehow remember it seemed to rain all the time!

we didnt go on holidays - because we were always skint.....but hey got loads of money now ergo campervan - mind you as you all know those days are numbered thanks to his lordship

lady barnet said:
because we were always skint.....but hey got loads of money now ergo campervan

Got any spare Lady? ... Hows the divorce planning going?;)

GARY ENGLISH said:
Just out of intrest ,how many off us have parents that are motorhome owners.I can remember going with parents in a bedford ca dormobile with sliding doors.They were a nightmare at night.Then a commer wanderer,followed by a ford ci autohome,some classics now,the good old days.As they say it must be in the jeans, had several ,bedfords cfs volkswagons couple of coach builts, should i say caravans as well.
my dad has a self build called fritz
its a fab job,profesional looking,im well proud of him...although it took him 4 years to finish he he he
DSC01926-1.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back