MOT Centre in kent area.

Hazy-thoughts

Looking to bring a hymer s700 back from Germany, I am planning at this stage to come home through Dover. I have just come off the phone from Brownhills of Canterbury, who cant MOT anything that big :confused: and cant recommend anywhere locally that might be able to, they say that all local test centres dont take vehicles that big. There must surely be a commercial test centre in that neck of the woods that someone has used.

The van is 7.37m long
permissible max. weight: 4.600 kg, empty weight: 3.510 kg

Any Ideas. :confused:

Looking to bring a hymer s700 back from Germany, I am planning at this stage to come home through Dover. I have just come off the phone from Brownhills of Canterbury, who cant MOT anything that big :confused: and cant recommend anywhere locally that might be able to, they say that all local test centres dont take vehicles that big. There must surely be a commercial test centre in that neck of the woods that someone has used.

The van is 7.37m long
permissible max. weight: 4.600 kg, empty weight: 3.510 kg

Any Ideas. :confused:
Mine was 6.8m long , the width was more what my local mot centre were worried about if it won't fit you will need to take it to a place that does light goods vehicles, maybe your local truck repair centre will know.

m o t dover

try a garage called andys motors eric road motors dover they do motor homes and you can book online. phone 01304 242233 they may help. or trydunkleys of deal

Last edited:
Thanks Ra Blenkinsop, I will give them a call.
Somoe has suggested the Gvt testing centre in Hersden nr Canterbury.
I called them and they are fine with it if the distance between the axles is no more than 16ft :rolleyes:

So now I need some kind person with a s700 to get their tape measure out for me :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back