Mobile router recommendations.

Obanboy666

I’m in a good reception area but trying to watch live sport on sky go on my iPad or trying to watch live sport / streaming with my firestick all with my mifi is a waste of time. Constantly buffering or poor picture quality.
I’ve been browsing the internet but my head is scrambled, that much choice etc etc.
I don’t want to roof mount an antenna and drill holes in the roof, is there anything available that has an antenna that uses suckers for want of a better word so I could run the cable thro a window to the router or an antenna for indoor use to connect to a router.
I’ve spoken to a company called motorhome WiFi for suggestions but most / all their systems require a roof aerial. Apparently my mifi doesn’t use Carrier aggregation which all their systems do which apparently can combine multiple signals from separate antennas which increases the speed.
Any suggestions / recommendations for a router and antenna would be most appreciated.

I can recommend teltonika brand routers as they’re highly configurable and open to any network , some come with small antenna but can accept most stick on antenna with standard fitments..

Last edited:
I too can recommend Teltonika. I use a RUT955 in the moho and a RUT950 at home. They've since brought out 5G routers (at a price) that I would probably consider if purchasing again. The RUT955 came with aerials fitted with magnets and long enough cables to route through a rooflight, so I made up a small steel baseplate that I just placed on the roof when parked up, subsequently replaced with a rooftop puck antenna that enables use of Internet by passenger and satnav app while driving.

We've had a Teltonika rut 950 for several years now with a Xpol external antenna on our lift up TV antenna pole ....

Lots of folks use external 'puck' type antennas with great success ...

BTW if you have plastic roof skylights the stick on antenna with the sucker work ok from the inside, I did it but ended up with a puck type on roof which is far better.

Netgear Nighthawk, 3 unlimited data sim via Scancom job done.

1714197347003.png

IMG_0612.png

It’s a bit quicker outside the Motorhome

Last edited:
This is what we have used for 10 yrs at home and away only problem with signal was at home after 3 yrs on 3 signal dropped to unuseable but had been fine at home an all over Europe previously changed to Vodafone been fine ever since everywhere between Greece an Portugal

Cannot stretch to the M6, waiting on Solwise getting back to me with their recommendations. Depending on what they suggest may go for the M2 if Solwise reckon it will meet my needs.

Back