Mobile Modems

lenny

Can anyone tell me why ,when I access the internet on this site using my mobile phone as a modem that everything works as normal except that I can,t post snaps and can,t add smilies to my posts?

Maybe your phone cant send picture messages or something like that I am not sure.
Or it could be the format that your photos are in.

What phone are you using? My Nokia 9500 using 3g seems to have no problems sending photos as attachments or with smileys :) but it does depend on the phone...I have a full qwerty keyboard

The phones a Nokia N95, when I,m posting using this as a modem on my laptop, everythings is a little slower, and when I click on a smilie, nothing happens:confused:

3g is slower than a normal connection.
I have an Acer Aspire 7720 with a Bluetooth dongle. this is paired to my Nokia 9500 with an Apn set up through Vodafone. This gives browsing on the laptop through the phone as a tunnel and full email via Vodafone (send) and 123reg receive) with no apparent problems.
Attachments go from the laptop and smillies seem to work either in a normal email or, as in this case, through the webmail we use on this site.
:):cool:

Just write "grin", we're all big kids here and will understand "grin", "chuckle", "wink" or go back to the old chat room abbreviations - LOA, ROFL, ROFLMAO, :), :(, :{, :-]...........etc etc.

I expect a full page of text uses about the same as a single smiley.

Just write "grin", we're all big kids here and will understand "grin", "chuckle", "wink" or go back to the old chat room abbreviations - LOA, ROFL, ROFLMAO, :), :(, :{, :-]...........etc etc.

I expect a full page of text uses about the same as a single smiley.

Thats a Roger,Roger, if you know what I mean "Roll eyes sarcastically":p

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back