Minas de Sao Domingos or Mertola ?

Harleyboygaz3

Going up to Moura later this week to stay a night with some friends who are staying in town. It’s a bit of a treck for one day so was thinking of stopping a night either at Mertola or Minas de Sao Domingos. Anyone been lately and can recommend either? Quite fancied stopping near the Barragem Tapada grande on Wednesday for the night anyone been recently, any problems being moved on? Thanks for any suggestions or info.

Afternoon, Gary.
We stayed at Minas, a couple of years ago.Interesting place.
There's a little parking by the aire.
If you park by the reservoir bar, you should be ok on the parking near the entrance. If you go on the bar's parking, you might get aggro, if its crowded or on May 1st.
With your Portuguese plates and language skills, you should be fine. Ask the locals.
Great for an early morning swim.
Great restaurant, just below the aire.
Mertola..? Try the quayside. Also great for a swim.
We would have liked to join you... But Jenny is in Faro hospital, with complications of Shingles.
We're planning nothing.

hi gary at minas if you park outside the barrier your fine we even spent a night inside but not a chance at the weekend still lots of parking just to the right beyond where you go down to the lake but scenery not as nice , we went back to pomarao after we met up with you the problem for you is it’s the opposite side of the circle only about 20mls as the crow flies but about 40 via mertola by road lol

Going up to Moura later this week to stay a night with some friends who are staying in town. It’s a bit of a treck for one day so was thinking of stopping a night either at Mertola or Minas de Sao Domingos. Anyone been lately and can recommend either? Quite fancied stopping near the Barragem Tapada grande on Wednesday for the night anyone been recently, any problems being moved on? Thanks for any suggestions or info.

Minas de sao domingos had signs saying no motorhomes when I was there last year they came down and tried to make me move until I showed them my reg that is not registered as a motorhome Mertola was ok stay there 3 nights no problems go down near the river there is a car park we stayed

Afternoon, Gary.
We stayed at Minas, a couple of years ago.Interesting place.
There's a little parking by the aire.
If you park by the reservoir bar, you should be ok on the parking near the entrance. If you go on the bar's parking, you might get aggro, if its crowded or on May 1st.
With your Portuguese plates and language skills, you should be fine. Ask the locals.
Great for an early morning swim.
Great restaurant, just below the aire.
Mertola..? Try the quayside. Also great for a swim.
We would have liked to join you... But Jenny is in Faro hospital, with complications of Shingles.
We're planning nothing.

Thanks Paul, sorry to hear Jenny not so well from your last posts I thought she was over the worst. Do send her our best wishes when you see her.
Never been to Domingos yet but think we might just go Mertola and stay by the quayside I’ve done some research, looks a nice spot. Maybe when we head up for Moura the next day we might just stop on the was to Domingos and have a look.
Keep us posted on Jenny pls.

Regards G&T

hi gary at minas if you park outside the barrier your fine we even spent a night inside but not a chance at the weekend still lots of parking just to the right beyond where you go down to the lake but scenery not as nice , we went back to pomarao after we met up with you the problem for you is it’s the opposite side of the circle only about 20mls as the crow flies but about 40 via mertola by road lol

Cheers Ken, hope your both well.
Definitely going to try Pomarao after you last mentioned it to us was going to look this time but as you rightly say a bit off the beaten track.. Looks like we will go to Mertola now then up to Moura.

Regards G & T

Minas de sao domingos had signs saying no motorhomes when I was there last year they came down and tried to make me move until I showed them my reg that is not registered as a motorhome Mertola was ok stay there 3 nights no problems go down near the river there is a car park we stayed

Cheers Ken, sorted that’s where we’ll head for the quayside by the river just hope not to many vans on there Wednesday,Seeings it’s a holiday here in Pt...

Regards Gary

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back