MH Breakdown insurance / recovery in Europe questions

I think the single air or rail fair is for one person to come back and collect it if you leave it to be repaired when away.

It sounds to me like if they can't repair it while away they will ship it to a garage or place of your choice back home. If your concerned Tim, give them a call.
here's me thinking that I am just getting a bit paranoid in case the very worst happens..

worst scenario

half way down the west coast of France and the engine decides to pop a valve and totally blow up

we are on holiday en-route with a fully laden MH fridge and contents etc
the French RAC turns up and they obviously cant repair it as its totally foo-barred
so they take it to a local garage..
they cant repair it either
So it needs major surgery (and maybe even a new engine)
what do we do?
we cant continue the holiday ..obviously
ok so we can both get back home on a plane / ferry etc (without many personal possessions)

but I still need to know how my MH is going to get back to the UK if its totally effed?
for me to sort out in UK? and not France?

There is no ambiguity that I can see.

If it's not capable of repair before your date of return, the motorhome will be be repatriated to a nominated place of repair in the UK.

If left for repair, storage costs are covered, return fares to the UK are covered, and costs for a driver to return and collect the vehicle.

Incidentally I checked with AIB if the cost of repatriating a dog is included. AIB confirmed that dog repatriation is included.
i hope that you are right

We are with Safeguard for our insurance who also provide the full UK/Europe breakdown as well as part of the policy. Ours is 8.7m long and 5t in weight and we are covered.

The recovery service will arrange it for you.
Yep. That's how I understand it. There was this exact same scenario on one of my FB groups yesterday. Not sure who they were with though.

Don't worry about it Tim. It will be fine. Probably. 🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back