Maxview VUQUBE2 Automatic Satellite System

gypo

Hi all,
just managed to pick one of these up at a good price.
Ive done some research and understand that they are a fairly good system. I know you need a dish of at least 850mm to get a signal in the South of France but im just wondering if anyone has one of these and how far into France you can actually still get a signal?
Thanks
D

Hi all,
just managed to pick one of these up at a good price.
Ive done some research and understand that they are a fairly good system. I know you need a dish of at least 850mm to get a signal in the South of France but im just wondering if anyone has one of these and how far into France you can actually still get a signal?
Thanks
D
No knowledge of the VuQUBE2 but I’ve been considering one, would be interested as to where you bought it at s good price.

Sorry went too soon. We have an Oyster system with 80cm dish. We have no problems getting all the channels when we are down the south of France Nimes area etc. We know a man who may be able to supply you with a second hand dish in Birmingham area. We have found him to be excellent and at the right money.
Hope this helps .PJ

Thanks but ive just bought the maxview qube2. I was just wondering given the fact that the dish is not 850mm just how far south you can still recieve a signal.
D

No knowledge of the VuQUBE2 but I’ve been considering one, would be interested as to where you bought it at s good price.
I had the search saved on eBay and one popped up. Almost new, I got it for £350

My experience of similar size/type dish, is that at halfway down France with good clear sky you will get the stronger signals on Astra2, cloudy and it will be unwatchable

I’ve been considering one of these for the iveco but after my experience with a Camos dome on my previous van which due to the small size of the dish often had trouble locking on especially in cloudy conditions I am dubious.

I definitely prefer the 80cm mecatronic unit I have on my current van a LWB Crafter, ironically despite it being a larger vehicle I don’t have room for a similar motorised dish on the iveco due to the amount of solar I have fitted.

Decisions decisions!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back