Mass Migration South

lenny

So it's been suggested that some Northern cities are beyond regeneration and we should all move South to escape the poverty trap:eek::mad:

http://money.uk.msn.com/mortgages/mortgageguide/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7503555

What a load of bollocks, I have seen the quality of life South of the Watford gap, and no, I get on with my neighbours like a house on fire, I can walk the streets at night in relative safety, I am only minutes away from stunning countryside and coastlines:cool:.
And anyway ,if push came to shove ,I'd be heading North;):D

migration south

i moved from sunderland in the 60s and went to live in dover at the time dover was a very busy town lots of shops . plenty of work and country side i worked on a farm and life was very hard but it was good . now dover is nearly a ghost town no work shops closing all the time only ferries are busy now .i am better of up north and in leeds but thats my opinion.

Must be honest, I would have to agree with you guy's having been born and brought up in Northamptonshire, I moved down to the South Coast for work, and Like ra Blenkinsop the area we live in although pleasant enough is starting to look a little run down, wages are so low down here it is silly, while the standard of living is ssooooo much more than the midlands and I would imagine Ooop North.

Sooner we sell the house the better, so we can be away, but that is like trying to walk to the moon at the moment :(

although my parents are from the smoke
the south coast is fine
life is what you make of it
i have lived and worked all over the uk
and always come back to the south coast
but i certainly would not like to live anywhere within 50 miles of london

am i wrong it appears that most of the regulars on this site seem to come from up north so may be there is something good about it (the people)

i no what you mean i go back to dover every four months to see my family long drive but love it when i get there but always come back to leeds.

will the last southern jessy in the queue to emigrate to the friendly north please turn off all the lights !!!!!!

seriously what crap these government people speak .
i assume the only reason for this idea is
they all live up north on weekends and want the place to themselves

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back