Mandrake

GARY ENGLISH

I see you were busy on your on your pond weekend.D o you keep koi etc,have a few ponds my self.

GARY ENGLISH said:
I see you were busy on your on your pond weekend.D o you keep koi etc,have a few ponds my self.
no koi now used to have in my other pond where i lived that one was 20foot x10 4feet deep now this one is only 8x3 so just have goldfish & shubs and a couple of tench the big one took some looking after dont have the time now

Nice to see some one with similar intrest.I have three small ponds ,two linked together,with waterfall.Have filters and uvs on.Contain a mixture of goldfish.shubumkins,orfe,tench, rudd. mirror,commoncarp and types of koi and ghosts.Keep tropical ,mad fisherman as well.

yes i enjoy a spot of fishing but have not wet a line lately too busy as i said only have goldfish shubs couple of tench same of silver rudd i dont use a uv if i have any green water probs i use barley straw but with only having a small 8x4 preformed pond it is usualy ok i noticed that i have some fry hiding in the plants this year again never seem to get too many to survive the big ones usualy get them i had three last out to a size big enough for them not to be eaten i have a lot of water shrimps for the fish to feed on

mandrake

How do you find the barley straw.Have only a few young survied myself.

barley straw great just put a small amount in bottom half of a pair of old tights with a stone in to sink it tie it to the side of the pond and it clears the water in a few days having said that i only have a small pond now but i have had no probs with water for a year now according to form a pond settles down or matures after about 4 years or so also i have two lilly plants in that covers 2 thirds of the surface with its pads so keeping a lot of direct sun of the water last year i had a lots of flowers pink white and deep red off them this year with the poor summer not so good loads of frogs this year they dont half make a noise in the spring as for the young not a lot you can do about the survival rate the bigger fish eat most

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back