Lycamobile PAYG / EE sim whats the catch?

barryd

Just thinking ahead for this years trip(s) if it comes off. Ive had a second EE sim (Vodafone is my main contract) for years but its old hat, a nightmare and expensive to top up and needs chucking. Just scouting around and a 30 day EE Sim for 125gb is £30 a month but then I found this with Lycamobile for £10 for £100gb. Lycamobile is on EE I believe.

Its a 30 day contract I believe and that price is only for six months but ill just chuck it after that. Is there a catch here?

EDIT: Just to add this is just for UK use this year. Vodafone and EE together last couple of years have covered all the areas we go to between them.

Last edited:
Actually you can get unlimited for £15!! No brainer.

Reading the small print, you sign up for 3 months @ £15, cancellation before the end of 3 months results in a loss of the discount and a revised charge of 3 x £25. EU roaming is capped at 35gb per month.

Reading the small print, you sign up for 3 months @ £15, cancellation before the end of 3 months results in a loss of the discount and a revised charge of 3 x £25. EU roaming is capped at 35gb per month.

Thanks. Didnt see that but that would be fine anyway.

try this works on vodafone worked ok uk an france

Thanks but I already have a Vodafone contract SIM. I need a second one running on EE and at least 100gb per month but a 30 day or three month contract. I checked them all and Lycamobile is the cheapest. However the reviews are not so good. If it works and I have no problems then fine but I dont think you can expect much customer service. I wont be porting any numbers though or doing anything complicated.

Lycamobile have been a nightmare with my granddaughter 's sim. Can't seem to sort out auto renew monthly contract....cheap though. She has about 3GB data, unlimited calls and texts, 100 mins international calls for £5 month. TBH the mess they get in every month makes me want to change even if dearer!

Give EE a call Barry, if you’ve been with them for years they are usually pretty good at coming up with something better to keep you as a customer. Select the “if you are thinking of leaving us option” when you call them (I think that’s how they word it), they usually have much better offers by phone than you can see online.

Lycamobile have been a nightmare with my granddaughter 's sim. Can't seem to sort out auto renew monthly contract....cheap though. She has about 3GB data, unlimited calls and texts, 100 mins international calls for £5 month. TBH the mess they get in every month makes me want to change even if dearer!
Change to Lebara, who have similar schemes. We have been with them for about 4 years now and no regrets.

Give EE a call Barry, if you’ve been with them for years they are usually pretty good at coming up with something better to keep you as a customer. Select the “if you are thinking of leaving us option” when you call them (I think that’s how they word it), they usually have much better offers by phone than you can see online.

I think I tried that a while back and got nowhere. I am with BT for my broadband but not my mobile. Im actually out of contract with BT now and I am going to dump them as a new provider called GoFibre is finally rolling out Fibre to our village this year, hopefully by October.

Change to Lebara, who have similar schemes. We have been with them for about 4 years now and no regrets.

Im not changing. This is a second sim. Im already on Vodafone (only game in town here) for my main mobile contract so this is a second sim and it has to be EE. What I discovered is at all the places we now Frequent from The Scottish isles to the south west of England including the Lakes and East Yorkshire is one of the other EE or Vodafone always works. So I need both sims in my phone. The EE sim I have is an old one and was a nightmare to top up last year and very expensive.

Yep. Its clearly cheap for a reason. Only £15 a month for unlimited though. Its very tempting.

Im not changing. This is a second sim. Im already on Vodafone (only game in town here) for my main mobile contract so this is a second sim and it has to be EE. What I discovered is at all the places we now Frequent from The Scottish isles to the south west of England including the Lakes and East Yorkshire is one of the other EE or Vodafone always works. So I need both sims in my phone. The EE sim I have is an old one and was a nightmare to top up last year and very expensive.
I wasn't talking to you.

Pillock. :giggle:

1p mobile use EE network, I've not had a problem so don't know how good their customer service is, gf has been on Lebara, their customer service is poor, if it wasn't that like Barry we like having two different networks, would have dumped them.

Back