lpg cooker

happy campers

hmmm was considering registering this question under another user name, in case i'm being really dense lol!! buuuttt......

here goes!!

if we fit an LPG cooker, i believe it uses the orange calor gas bottles....does that mean we have to buy the blue calor gas as well for the fridge, hot water etc, or can everything run off the orange one?

don't fancy lugging 2 bottles round if we can help it!

i bought a regulator to fit my calor gas. as i had a regulator on van which was propane just changed them in winter as propane burns hotter and better in winter months.

hi all the appliances will run on propane or butane .use the crrect reg for bottle .there are different gas pressures for different systems . here we always used 28 mbr on butane 37mbr on propane now some are 30mbr. germany ran both 30mbr and 50mbr. i have used uk appliances on the wrong regs .when having bottles filled in way out countries but never had a real problem. some times ther pans blackened a bit. it did bother me at first but if you are in africa you take what you get or nothing. they put what ever in your bottle no exchange in some countries. as said by op. some just use propane as it works at colder temps when winter camping. i say go south as i dont like the cold. cheers alan.

hmmm was considering registering this question under another user name, in case i'm being really dense lol!! buuuttt......

here goes!!

if we fit an LPG cooker, i believe it uses the orange calor gas bottles....does that mean we have to buy the blue calor gas as well for the fridge, hot water etc, or can everything run off the orange one?

don't fancy lugging 2 bottles round if we can help it!

I think you did get a bit mixed up, LOL

Campinggaz = Butane = Blue bottle generally. Slightly More efficient but not good in cold temperatures.

Calor Gas = Propane = Orange or Red generally. Works better in the cold.

Either can be used but use the correct bottle pressure regulator for each. The butane regulators are usually painted blue and the propane ones orange. Your gas appliance is usually marked with what the correct pressure it is expecting for each gas is. I use calor gas in lightweight 6.5 kg bottles 37 mbar pressure.

I think you did get a bit mixed up, LOL

Campinggaz = Butane = Blue bottle generally. Slightly More efficient but not good in cold temperatures.

Calor Gas = Propane = Orange or Red generally. Works better in the cold.

Either can be used but use the correct bottle pressure regulator for each. The butane regulators are usually painted blue and the propane ones orange. Your gas appliance is usually marked with what the correct pressure it is expecting for each gas is. I use calor gas in lightweight 6.5 kg bottles 37 mbar pressure.

Calor also do Blue (Butane) bottles in 4.5, 6 and 13kg sizes. The new European standard for propane and butane is 30mb. The old appliance work just the same as VWALAN said on 28mb, 30mb, 37mb or as in my case 50mb.

I think there was an article about this recently in one of the magazines now you come to mention it.

And they also had green bottles. I can't remember what they were! Also Gaslow ones are yellow and black I think but the common ones are as above.

Bottles

Thing about the calor blue and propane red,you can swap them around for each other in the various sizes, good if you have a lot off gear you run on gas.

well if i wasnt confused before.....:confused::confused::confused:

so i CAN use the red bottles as long as i have a red regulator OR a blue bottle if i have a blue regulator??

we already have a blue calor bottle at home AND a blue regulator.....i just wasnt sure if you could run a full size LPG cooker off it, but when i buy the cooker, i'll check what pressure it recommends :)

you can stop rolling your eyes and chuckling at me now, lol!!!!

hi, dontbe afraid to ask questions you have to learn. check the recomended pressure . it probably will be 28/37 mbr/ i woul say use the blue bottle and reg you hav .at lest try it. you can always change later. we have rules and recomendations but other things work as well. ask your supplier to be safe. cheers alan.

Are the green bottles not Patio gas? What would they be filled with, propane or butane?

Yep, patio gas is the green one. It's propane - the only difference is the regulator.

Orange bottle (propane) - orange bolt on regulator
Green bottle (propane) - orange clip on regulator
Blue bottle (butane) - blue clip on regulator
Small turquoise bottle (BBQ gas) - rip off! Less than half the amount of butane for twice the price of a big bottle! - blue clip on regulator

Basically any appliance will run from any of the bottles as long as you have the right regulator.

I carry all the types of regulator in case i'm stuck somewhere that i cant get my preferred option.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back