Lost licence plate 😳

sengam

Lost licence plate 😳

Can anyone offer any advice please. My daughter is currently in Prague and has lost her front licence plate (she has a spare rear yellow plate but no white one). Does anyone know where she can either get a replacement there or an address so I can send her from home??

Thanks any advice much appreciated 🙏

Hi we have some friends Ian &Kim an hour south of Prague they are an English couple who own a campsite called the hideaway , if your on Facebook give them a message and see if they can help

In Brussels we had a plate stolen from the front of our car - personalised no. Apparently these are collectible items, but the thieves only take the front plate because apparently the legal requirement in Europe is only to have a rear plate - at least that's what the police told us. Couldn't find anywhere that could legally make up a plate to UK standards. The problem comes when you try to bring the vehicle back to Britain - but the customs officers were very understanding - seems this is not unusual. Our thieves had carefully unscrewed the plate, and then even put the screws back in the holes (very thoughtful of them !)

Strictly speaking most places in UK will want to see genuine OR should require to see genuine paperwork for making up plates ....

However show plates can be obtained without ...
And whilst NOT strictly legal (lack makers stamps etc )
may get you out of a hole in an emergency ...

I've used these guys before and might be worth asking IF they will post abroad ?

In Brussels we had a plate stolen from the front of our car - personalised no. Apparently these are collectible items, but the thieves only take the front plate because apparently the legal requirement in Europe is only to have a rear plate - at least that's what the police told us. Couldn't find anywhere that could legally make up a plate to UK standards. The problem comes when you try to bring the vehicle back to Britain - but the customs officers were very understanding - seems this is not unusual. Our thieves had carefully unscrewed the plate, and then even put the screws back in the holes (very thoughtful of them !)
Oh my goodness that awful! She did speak to the police about it but they didn’t say anything like that. She thought it had fallen off as she had used special double sided tape. It was a personalised 3D plate!

Thank you all soo much! My clever daughter has managed to prize the 3D lettering off and stick it on the white reverse of the rear plate with super glue 😃. Also the power of FB has revealed a friend of a friend who is close by that we can post spares too!

Panic over muma can sleep tonight

Thanks again 😊🙏

Re the desirability and cost of a personalised number plate; one of Terry Wogan's TOGs wrote into his R2 Show with the perfect lo-cost solution that would give him a personalised plate that no-one would steal: 'I paid £10 to swear the Statutory Declaration in front of a Commissioner for Oaths to change my name to C452 FXJ. Job done...' :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Lost licence plate 😳

Can anyone offer any advice please. My daughter is currently in Prague and has lost her front licence plate (she has a spare rear yellow plate but no white one). Does anyone know where she can either get a replacement there or an address so I can send her from home??

If you paint the yellow par on the spare plate you have that will do

Lost licence plate 😳

Just fit that one and forget it until the return home, then get a new front one, it is not worth worrying over.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back