Locks

Mightyduk1

Hi, getting excited/nervous with only a week or so to go.
what advice can I get on extra locking on my van, including garage at rear.
Also the gas bottles look small, what can be done about this. Or will they last longer than I thing?

Any advice welcome.

Kind regards.

What Make/model vehicle will it be? There are locks which fit to the exterior and block the doors from opening additional locks can be fitted to cab doors.
Harrisons are au fait with Motorhome security Motorhome Locks

Thanks.

The van is a Laika rexosline.
Thanks for the reply, i had a quick look and will investigate further.

Kind regards.

Keep calm and carry on as normal.:cool1::goodluck::cool1:

Lanka are a good quality van and gas would normally be 2 x 11kg or 2 x 13kg which is as big as it’s gets for a standard fitting. If they are they will last plenty long enough at UK temps.

Our 2 x 11kg refillable GasIt bottles last typically as follows -

UK Summer 2, 3 months.
UK Cold winter a week or two.
European Ski resort 4 to 5 days.

All depenadant how long your in the van and what temp so many variables.

Lanka are a good quality van and gas would normally be 2 x 11kg or 2 x 13kg which is as big as it’s gets for a standard fitting. If they are they will last plenty long enough at UK temps.

Our 2 x 11kg refillable GasIt bottles last typically as follows -

UK Summer 2, 3 months.
UK Cold winter a week or two.
European Ski resort 4 to 5 days.

All depenadant how long your in the van and what temp so many variables.

Thanks, that is a good answer.
I was thinking of getting a refillable set,but think I’ll wait and weigh up the cost after first year.

If you are full timing and not spending money on an electric hookup, often... Especially if you go abroad... Refillable is plain common sense.

No heaving bottles around, always in the rain !
UK gas bottles are not available to exchange abroad.

Cost and availability.... LPG from any filling station.. See web, or our POI for nearest. Costs about a quarter of the Calorgas .
Full members get a discount on Gasit systems... That's your membership fees recovered.

If you are full timing and not spending money on an electric hookup, often... Especially if you go abroad... Refillable is plain common sense.

No heaving bottles around, always in the rain !
UK gas bottles are not available to exchange abroad.

Cost and availability.... LPG from any filling station.. See web, or our POI for nearest. Costs about a quarter of the Calorgas .
Full members get a discount on Gasit systems... That's your membership fees recovered.

Nice one, thanks. About a 1/4 that sounds better.

Hi, getting excited/nervous with only a week or so to go.
what advice can I get on extra locking on my van, including garage at rear.
Also the gas bottles look small, what can be done about this. Or will they last longer than I thing?

Any advice welcome.

Kind regards.

Get a Gasit tank then your bottles will last forever lol

We have locks that look very much like that. They are fitted onto large reinforcing stainless steel plates in the door and the frame and have a keyhole on the inside as well as the outside. To be honest, we rarely use them, but they are way more secure than the normal locks.

The locks to avoid are the stupid ones that fold across the outside of the habitation door. They can only be used when you are not in the van, and thieves know that. So they are a two-foot-high sign shouting "empty van - worth breaking into!"

We have one fitted that is lockable from the inside. It was fitted after i heard my brothers van had it's lock popped in an attempt to get in.

Milenco Security Door Lock Locks from Inside & Outside Caravan Motorhome | eBay

We have one fitted that is lockable from the inside. It was fitted after i heard my brothers van had it's lock popped in an attempt to get in.

Milenco Security Door Lock Locks from Inside & Outside Caravan Motorhome | eBay

IMO they are the worst of the lot,in the locked position a burglar may assume no one is home,much more likely to lead to a physical confrontation. I think it's far better to sow the seeds of doubt,with lights,noise etc,if they believe someone is in,they'll move on to easier pickings.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back