Loch Lomond

Carriemac

Can anyone tell me if it is still possible to stop over in the large lay-bys on loch lomonside? I notice they are not shown on he POI map

Thanks

Carrie

Can anyone tell me if it is still possible to stop over in the large lay-bys on loch lomonside? I notice they are not shown on he POI map

Thanks

Carrie

I was at Duck Bay last week and there were only 3 motorhomers, normally it's busy this time of year. The Slanj pub at Tarbet welcome motorhomers overnight if you eat or drink there.

Lake Lamond

Just passed the three large lay-byes on loch side heading south on A82. First two are fine however, the third one has an encampment of travelers in it. Nice to see LLTNP rangers are doing a sterling job. So that's around 8 caravans x £3 per night for mmm let's say 20 nights = £480 Nice. Oh forgot they can't charge you now. I'm sure they will blame us wilders for the mess the travellers will inevitably leave and no doubt use the photographic evidence to ban "us" from using the area.:scared::scared::mad1::mad1:

Thanks

Carrie[/QUOTE

Thank you so much guys for all your replies. Really helpful

On that basis I think I will chance it and hope that the travellers have moved on

PS I am a Glaswegian (based in the midlands) and I WON'T leave a mess. Promise

we stayed in a lay-by on sunday night driving back from Islay

i think it was Culag beach one, there was a caravan and 2 MH there, no probs, rangers popped in, and were asking a couple of lassies in car if they were going to camp on the beach, i think if they were going to put a tent up they would have incurred a £ 3 charge

but they kipped in the car instead

as we drove south the next lay-by seemed to be jammed with more travellers vans

Loch Lomond it's no as nice as it used to be since they took away all the good weather 🤔

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back