lifting jack

hairytoes

OK, here's the daft bit.

My van does not have a jack, it weighs 3.5 tonnes - do I need to buy a jack capable of lifting said weight, or can I go for say 1 or 2 tonnes lifting capacity jack.

Thanks for any answers to a kinda dumb question.

hydraulic jack

OK, here's the daft bit.

My van does not have a jack, it weighs 3.5 tonnes - do I need to buy a jack capable of lifting said weight, or can I go for say 1 or 2 tonnes lifting capacity jack.

Thanks for any answers to a kinda dumb question.

Not a dumb question, you can only have a dumb answer :rolleyes::D
Have a small hydraulic pot-jack; the normal screw-jacks are dangerous and only good for once -if you are lucky- they simply fold together :eek::mad:

Jacks

As well as the jack supplied by Peugeot we carry a 5ton hydraulic jack and 4x2 wood blocks, we also have an 3ton Air jack which uses air fron the exaust pipe to inflate it
I have never had to use it for our motorhome but have used it for others it lifts to 3ft in seconds I place old car mats on the floor and underbody work to save cutting etc.
Draper were selling of a 2ton version a few months ago I have also seen on Ebay.
Regards Alf

Jacks

I carry an 8ton commercial wagon bottle jack which I have had to use on my Mercedes motorhome on two occasions and has been well on top of the job. The 2-3ton trolley jacks are a waste of time.

Cheers for the input guys, I think I'll go for a 7-9 tonne bottle jack then, I had considered the trolley jacks at 2-3 tonnes, so I'm glad I asked.

Good tips about the blocks of wood & old car mats!

My hydraulic jack is a 5 tonne bottle jack
Regards Alf

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back