Leisure Battery 110 Ah

In this months caravan club mag there is a page of vouchers to use at A1 motorstores one voucher is for use against leisure batteries,we needed 1 so i went to welshpool today & bought a 110 ah battery & used my voucher.the battery was supposed to be £70.......I got it with the voucher for £44.99......BARGAIN OR WHAT..but on the voucher it said participating stores only as originally we phoned up the wrexham store & they were not a participating store..i thought it a great deal,& if you need 1 i would recommend A1 MOTORSTORES,you can get the store online although batteries are not listed in it because they are store pick up only,but you can search for your nearest store here.. http://www.a1motorstores.co.uk/ .sammx

Ours died on us last week!

Thanks for that.
I have dug out my magasine and checked for our local store, only 2 miles away. We were off to Motorland tomorrow to get a new battery before leaving for Scotland on Thursday but will check with these first.

Our battery died on us 2 weekends ago. It was no fun with no pump for the shower!!:mad: We managed to have "strip" washes and use torchlight to see by. Thing was, we were staying at Renishaw hall (nr. to Sheffield ,just of M1) for a 1940's weekend and going out to a formal do at night, long evening dress, the works. No fun trying to put makeup on by torchlight and we were "wilding it", no hook up!!! plus there was mud 6 ins. deep and we had to be towed off at the end of the weekend, oh what fun we had!! Thank goodness the wine was ever flowing.:p :D

swingsandroundabouts said:
Thanks for that.
I have dug out my magasine and checked for our local store, only 2 miles away. We were off to Motorland tomorrow to get a new battery before leaving for Scotland on Thursday but will check with these first.

Our battery died on us 2 weekends ago. It was no fun with no pump for the shower!!:mad: We managed to have "strip" washes and use torchlight to see by. Thing was, we were staying at Renishaw hall (nr. to Sheffield ,just of M1) for a 1940's weekend and going out to a formal do at night, long evening dress, the works. No fun trying to put makeup on by torchlight and we were "wilding it", no hook up!!! plus there was mud 6 ins. deep and we had to be towed off at the end of the weekend, oh what fun we had!! Thank goodness the wine was ever flowing.:p :D
the 1 pictured was a 100 ah battery but he let us have a 110 ah for the voucher price...we got ours from welshpool...what a bargain..let us know if you get it please..
cant believe the trouble you had..poor you...mind you its a good medicine the wine eh thee thee :D :D :D
sounds like you still had fun though..sammx

Got our new battery!

Thanks Samm, you saved us at least £17.00 :)

Had to go for the 85AH as the frame in our transit for the leisure battery was too small for the bigger one but at least it is a higher rating than the one that just died on us (75AH). I phoned ahead to check that they had it in stock at our local branch and that they were participating in the offer. Staff were lovely, never even knew the store was there!! The guy said it was a fantastic offer on the larger size but never mind , we were happy to get what we did, so thanks again. Must remember to read all the adverts in future when those magasines drop through the letter box!!:p

Don't miss out on the 30% off offer on 6 or more bottles of wine at Tesco, finishes Sunday:D ;) ;)

Heather

Last edited:
Thanks Samm, you saved us at least £17.00 :)

Had to go for the 85AH as the frame in our transit for the leisure battery was too small for the bigger one but at least it is a higher rating than the one that just died on us (75AH). I phoned ahead to check that they had it in stock at our local branch and that they were participating in the offer. Staff were lovely, never even knew the store was there!! The guy said it was a fantastic offer on the larger size but never mind , we were happy to get what we did, so thanks again. Must remember to read all the adverts in future when those magasines drop through the letter box!!:p ;) ;)
your welcome swingsandroundabouts...glad i could help...hey you could always leave me some good feedback hhee hhee...also i forgot to mention we got a 2 year guarantee with it...did you guys too..sammx

Guarantee

We just got 12 months with ours.:( .
Well you can't have everything!:)
Should have left for Scotland today but delayed now 'til Monday. We don't mind clouds, wind, cold but this continuous rain is p@##ing us off!!:mad:
Waiting to see if the sun shines a little bit to load up the van, going for 3 weeks , need plenty of clothes for all weathers!!

Should have left for Scotland today but delayed now 'til Monday. We don't mind clouds, wind, cold but this continuous rain is p@##ing us off!!:mad:
Waiting to see if the sun shines a little bit to load up the van, going for 3 weeks , need plenty of clothes for all weathers!!
hey im sure that when you set off the sun will shine over you & give you a fantastic holiday......any room for me too:D ..oh dear im struggling after my recent holiday to get back to reality...i feel so so so p****d off especially as you say..."the rain"...i feel like jumping in me van & driving to the sun & forgetting about work..but unfortunately my numbers have not come up yet on the lotto so i will carry on dreaming eh...sammx

What rain?

I am in the Kingdom and have no problems with the weather. My son is up in the sunshine (well a few hours ago) in Golspie. Come up and enjoy

shortcircuit said:
What rain?

I am in the Kingdom and have no problems with the weather. My son is up in the sunshine (well a few hours ago) in Golspie. Come up and enjoy
hhee hhee :D :D :D what rain he says.....you are funny..well im in shropshire and its peeing down here....so i will just look in microsoft autoroute where golspie is and i'll set off as im dying for a bit of sun..sammx :D :D :D

on me way now mate

scotland eh!!!! :D :D :D
just put it in autoroute and it says it'll take me 9 hours 17 minutes...:D :D :D

9hr 17 min! Must be on a push bike

Weather not too bad up here in the Kingdom. Fortunatly we have missed the extermes you have encountered.

To enlighten our southern cousins, the Kingdom is FIFE

shortcircuit said:
9hr 17 min! Must be on a push bike

Weather not too bad up here in the Kingdom. Fortunatly we have missed the extermes you have encountered.

To enlighten our southern cousins, the Kingdom is FIFE
the way i drive i can cut it down to 6 hours hhee hhee :D :D :D
not too far though if you have a week spare...no good for a weekend...be time to come back by the time i got there eh!!:(

sammclouis said:
scotland eh!!!! :D :D :D
just put it in autoroute and it says it'll take me 9 hours 17 minutes...:D :D :D
Quality does not come easy.

All joking aside, this is a SUPERB part of our country

shortcircuit said:
Quality does not come easy.

All joking aside, this is a SUPERB part of our country
i bet....iv heard many good stories about scotland....but long way away...i want to go to scotland in sept but hubby wants to do france..place your bets on who wins...............:D :D

returning to my roots

shortcircuit- father is from Edinburgh, the eldest of 7 sons! I lived at St.Andrews and Leuchars for a while 'til parents divorced.:( . Each year my darling hubbie takes me back to where I feel at home, just wish he was brave enough to sell up here and move full time.;)

I think I caused a curse. Its poured down today, but there is always tomorrow

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back