Leisure batteries

typhoon

Does anyone know what sort of current drain your average leisure battery would allow for short periods without cooking the plates.

I know you can't start a car with one as the starter would take anything from 400 to 600 amps. I'm using an 1100 watt inverter on 2, 85Ah leisure batteries wired in parallel but I'm a bit scared to use the inverter to its full capacity which would mean drawing about 50 amps from each battery.

I have an 800w toaster and that's worked OK but so far I've been shy of using a 1Kw kettle, preferring to use the gas instead.

I have run a 4000W inverter from two 120ah batteries with no problems. I doubt that you will cause any harm to your batteries with that current.

Thanks

I do still visit every couple of days to remove multipul postings, I am trying to sort out the problem.

Thanks for the advice admin, hope you don't mind me asking but what are you doing with a 4000w inverter and do you have a seperate trailer to carry it around with lol. :rolleyes:

its replacing the energy used that would worry me, rather than what any inverter would draw. Presumably you've uprated your charging system or use a generator with a battery charger plugged in to it?

[Generators with 12v output do not charge batteries as its too low]

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back