leaky water pump

wynnielafreak

My bus has an onboard Whale GP73 mark 2 water pump which leaks from the motor vents I think, it is possibly just the seal ?
Ive taken it off and subsiquently apart but now cant find a replacement.
The pump screws into a manual foot pump for priming and as I only have a small water tank, which is always running out, gets used often.
I have been given a submersible, which states on it DO NOT RUN DRY. But this wont screw into the manual foot pump ?
Can anyone suggest what to do ?
Someone suggested replacing the foot pump and electric combo with an online one, is this submersible also ?

Hi wynnielafreak, there is a pump that is self priming, it may be possible to bypass you foot priming pump.
I can't think what the make of it is.
Sorry I cam't help more.:)

is self priming the same as self venting ?
and on some im looking at on ebay they say suitable for use with pressure and micro switch systems, does this mean the in built motor isnt enough ???

is self priming the same as self venting
Self priming means if your water runs out you fill up your water and switch on the pump and it primes its self, it may, self venting may be another way to describe it not shure.
and on some im looking at on ebay they say suitable for use with pressure and micro switch systems, does this mean the in built motor isnt enough [/QUOTE
The micro switch is in the water tap when you turn on the tap the pump is activated.

hi on my bus(rv) the water pump is under constant pressure which drops when a tap is opened the pump will continue until tap is closed and pump is back up to pressure don't think i have micro switchers in my taps just works on pressure
hope this helps
dave

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back