laybys and carparks

knoxy

There has been some post's on the site demeaning the use of laybys and carparks. I for one use laybys and carparks when out and about. I never stay in the same place two nights in a row. I park up close to bed time and only sleep and eat breakfast before moving on. The only time I spend more than two days in one place is when I go to Loch Doon. I do not use any old layby but those that are off road. I also only use carparks that are designed for hill walkers or forestry commision car parks I also use picnic areas again only one night. I like to see as much as I can when out. We decide as a family where we want to go the next day and head in that direction looking for a suitable spot to park. We normally spend very little time in our van using it to eat and sleep in.

This is why I use laybys and carparks as I grudge spending £15 to £30 per night to sleep on a campsite and not use the facilities.On saying that it is always a good idea to know where the nearest official campsite is in case you can't find a suitable safe location.

I hope this clears up any issues that people have with using carparks and laybys.

hear hear knoxy sometimes laybys are the only option we have, we obviously can't just start pulling into gateways and onto private property so unless we know where we can and can't get parked for the night the layby is the good ole last resort.:cool:

***** said:
Hi Knoxy, we R similar, however I do not particulary like layby's & only use in an emergency. I see enough of them while driving my Artic, ha ha ha.
Just park where ever u want within reason & not to offend anyone:D
i will park anywhere..........as long as im in my baby.........:D :D :D
i even sleep in my baby outside the house.......ha ha ha ha ha joking ..:D

sammclouis said:
I almost did that the other day.................. what would next door think ? :D :D :D :D

sammclouis said:
i will park anywhere..........as long as im in my baby.........:D :D :D

What's wrong with that - I frequently do just that especially after a hard night on the didg and the bong - LOL

knoxy said:
There has been some post's on the site demeaning the use of laybys and carparks. I for one use laybys and carparks when out and about. I never stay in the same place two nights in a row. I park up close to bed time and only sleep and eat breakfast before moving on. The only time I spend more than two days in one place is when I go to Loch Doon. I do not use any old layby but those that are off road. I also only use carparks that are designed for hill walkers or forestry commision car parks I also use picnic areas again only one night. I like to see as much as I can when out. We decide as a family where we want to go the next day and head in that direction looking for a suitable spot to park. We normally spend very little time in our van using it to eat and sleep in.

This is why I use laybys and carparks as I grudge spending £15 to £30 per night to sleep on a campsite and not use the facilities.On saying that it is always a good idea to know where the nearest official campsite is in case you can't find a suitable safe location.

I hope this clears up any issues that people have with using carparks and laybys.
campsite's r a rip off, find a nice quiet spot well of the main road and chill..

72van said:
I almost did that the other day.................. what would next door think ? :D :D :D :D
once i slept at me mums house as i was p****d as a f**t & dave drove home at half 8 in the morning and i was still sleeping with a hangover in the back..even outside the house i couldnt get out of bed....so when i did eventually rise at 11.30 am i had to try and sneak in the house out of the m/h..how embarrassing eh!!! ha ha ha ha..and there was a couple walking past with a dog......i was in me jammies and dressing gown with hair and make up everywhere...never again ha ha :D

happybonzo said:
What's wrong with that - I frequently do just that especially after a hard night on the didg and the bong - LOL
ha ha ha nice 1 mate :D

knoxy said:

Any port in a storm knoxy and i have passed some very nice layby's in Scotland each to there own and all that

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back