Latest POI download

Pudsey Bear

I rarely update the POIs on maps.me but have just done so.

I downloaded the KMLs for maps.me as in the shot below so was expecting the titles to be as shown.
1655284668525.png

But the 3rd one down is as it arrived on the phone, the two above were edited to say what they are.
Screenshot_20220615-101238_MAPSME.jpg

this is the email I sent to myself and again clearly labelled, so my query is why does it change to say bookmarks once they install?

Hope that makes sense.

1655284918276.png

Use the Contact us option at the bottom of every page.

It is recommended that you update regular because POI`s are also removed as well as added.

It looks like you need to delete Bookmarks (791 locations) and import it again as taps.

I did, I didn't change any of the original names, they all landed as Bookmarks as I said in the OP then I changed the titles in map/me, I can do the tap one too, but my reason for posting was to find out why or if this was how it was supposed to be.

What I will do is download pubstops then do a screenshot from the phone again.

File on my PC

1655463976735.png

Email to myself
1655465184526.png

Screenshot of email on phone
1655465318319.png

Screenshot of POIs in map.me as you can see it comes up as Bookmarks1
1655465457431.png

They are all called bookmarks when you import the data, you just need to rename them.

Oh okay, seems odd but I'll just do them one at a time instead of all together :)

If I create my own they arrive with the file name which is why I asked the question in the OP.

It's possible that this is due to the filename (e.g. Pub Stop) not being appropriately incorporated into the file itself.
I've had the issue for ages with the WildCamping POI kml files. Today, someone sent me a kmz file that I renamed prior to import into Organic Maps and it appeared in the list of bookmarks with the originally allocated name rather than the new filename that I had allocated or the name "Bookmarks". Having converted it to kml so that I could open it in Notepad, I found a line that included the original filename, in the format:

<name>Original Filename</name>

where "Original Filename" was the originally allocated filename.
I haven't been able to find such a line in the WildCamping POI kml files and it may be that without it the file automatically gets named "Bookmarks".

Thanks, so did you change the name there at it worked? too late to mess about with it as we're off this morning, but just renaming it in the app sounds easier, but.

It's possible that this is due to the filename (e.g. Pub Stop) not being appropriately incorporated into the file itself.
I've had the issue for ages with the WildCamping POI kml files. Today, someone sent me a kmz file that I renamed prior to import into Organic Maps and it appeared in the list of bookmarks with the originally allocated name rather than the new filename that I had allocated or the name "Bookmarks". Having converted it to kml so that I could open it in Notepad, I found a line that included the original filename, in the format:

<name>Original Filename</name>

where "Original Filename" was the originally allocated filename.
I haven't been able to find such a line in the WildCamping POI kml files and it may be that without it the file automatically gets named "Bookmarks".
I will integrate this for the next POI release.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back