Latest Fiats

roland rat

I have heard that there are problems with the latest Fiats to do with reversing up slight gradients causing juddering. Can anyone say whether the problem has been resolved, I was considering buying a new Auto trail but don`t want to get involved if the problem is still ongoing,
Roland Rat

Have a look at the Out and About forum. There is a vast amount of info re. this.
It will probably put you off the new Sevel vans completely.

Brian

I`ve just looked at the other forum and it looks like a minefield out there. When you speak to dealers they dont openly admit there is a problem but one was very honest about it and I admire his honesty, he is the sort I could do a deal with. Take a look in this months 3mmm`s page 255 what a star Dennis Eyles is, we need more people like him in the Motorhome industry.
I`m going to stick with my Mercedes until confidence returns.
Roland Rat.
The model I want can`t be built on a Mercedes chassis according to Auto Trail.

I`ve just looked at the other forum
Have a look at the Out and About forum.

where are these i cant find em
it would be nice to view them

in hind thought i think i should have gone for a merc or a transit base vehicle but i am happy with the chausson conversion

Roland rat

I brought a new fiat just before xmas ,and a freind round the corner has one to.They are both fine.Some say you need to give a few more revs,some say it is the mounting block.If you are thinking on one test drive and see.

i go with ***** on this one
and the same goes for all new vehicles new
be paitent and wait for the recalls to end
and new models to have a bit of general use
there is always some problem no matter how small
best let someone else suffer these before commiting yourself
to a lot of pain

i go with ***** on this one
and the same goes for all new vehicles new
be paitent and wait for the recalls to end
and new models to have a bit of general use
there is always some problem no matter how small
best let someone else suffer these before commiting yourself
to a lot of pain
just a thought if you wait for recalls to end none buys the van to find the faults, also i had a 9year old corsa and that was recalled to have the seatbelt pretensioners checked, do you want to wait that long?

I was talking about initial recalls within the first year
but there may not be that many in the first year it may take longer for faults to develop. i can understand your caution, just think that if everyone was this cautious the new fiat chassis would never have been developed

Hey, I am not that cautious, just prudent :D and I do think that the new fiat is very nice, :cool: but from my past experience I would wait a year and yes more recalls will come out after the first year, but hopefully no serious ones.
But if you (figure of speech) must have the latest shape and the latest gadget, who am I to say you or anyone is wrong. Not me:rolleyes:
i don't need one yet there's loads of life in mine yet, but if no one buys the newer ones there'll be no old uns for the rest of us;)

Problems

Not all the motors have problems ,or if they have many different ones.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back