Last day of the trip.

Pudsey Bear

We all know that feeling, on your way home after a good trip away even just a weekend, Liz is helping out at the shop tomorrow we have to sadly go home, I feel like dropping her off and continuing I might even do it, we've both had bad colds this week and nerves have been a bit frayed.

We've just arrived at Carrefour Dieppe for lunch (less than 2 miles from the Ferry), before booking in for the 18:00 sailing to Newhaven. End of an era, but will be glad to get back to Scotland to remove all the tools and kit we're bringing home.

Almost surreal feeling, but life goes on!

Steve

We all know that feeling, on your way home after a good trip away even just a weekend, Liz is helping out at the shop tomorrow we have to sadly go home, I feel like dropping her off and continuing I might even do it, we've both had bad colds this week and nerves have been a bit frayed.
Sneeze up mother brown, me to cold and sore throat plus throbbing ear. :(
Try nuramol tablets.

Mini update of this recent trip.

1726235764682.png

1726235798433.png

We intended to do a south lakes but found the area around Workington quite nice.

Coming home today I really liked the A595 cracking bikers road.

I spent the night on Workington Harbour (or possibly Whitehaven) in the back of a vauxhall chevette and have always hated that area ever since. 😁

Long story with a happy ending.

We intended to do a south lakes but found the area around Workington quite nice.
Actually, Cumbria OUTSIDE of the Lake District National Park is well worth visiting. A different experience for sure from seeing the lakes, but interesting and being away from all the tourists as well is a bonus (y)

Coming home today I really liked the A595 cracking bikers road.

Ever so slightly off topic
Just checking ferry prices for my trip early[ish] October .
Newhaven crossing is £40 cheaper than Dover . Despite their ETS charge being £7 [Dover £3] , dog charge £20 [Dover £15].
Still to look at ferries to Spain in detail but dog friendly cabins seem scarce [as always]

Ever so slightly off topic
Just checking ferry prices for my trip early[ish] October .
Newhaven crossing is £40 cheaper than Dover . Despite their ETS charge being £7 [Dover £3] , dog charge £20 [Dover £15].
Still to look at ferries to Spain in detail but dog friendly cabins seem scarce [as always]
Yes but I don't think you can beat Northern Spain, especially the Basque country.so try to get dog cabin if you can.

We've just arrived at Carrefour Dieppe for lunch (less than 2 miles from the Ferry), before booking in for the 18:00 sailing to Newhaven. End of an era, but will be glad to get back to Scotland to remove all the tools and kit we're bringing home.

Almost surreal feeling, but life goes on!

Steve
And we just meet you waiting for the ferry ⛴️ 😁 👋👋

Back