Language ...

***** said:
I do not consider that to be swearing!
I have seen a lot more implications on the site!:mad:
Virgil, had U have sent me a PM, I would have been pleased to edit the very mild word (s**t) that I think U are talking about.
But it is not a swear word & I do not like the way U have put this up for the attention of all & sundry!
Also the refered to post is over 2 weeks old! Why wait until now?
I have better things to do than check every thread!
It is an every day term!
its very mild i agree
we are all adults here on an adult aimed site
mind you i may need some counselling now seeing bad language like that :eek: :p :D :rolleyes:

***** said:
Can I be ur shrink? Is shrink a swear word????;)
shrink me anymore and i will be a dwarf :D
not sure about it being a swear word??
will look in my dictionary now..........must spell the swear words correctly he he he :D :D

***** said:
Yes, but it is an every day term nowadays!
U can't wrap them up in cotton wool & if u r afraid of words like that, why let them see a computer?
;)
all well and good but we must have some decorum us being the adults, and i do agree it's very mild compared to a lot of stuff i have seen on my pc thank god for parental control mate.:rolleyes:

Trevor said:
all well and good but we must have some decorum us being the adults, and i do agree it's very mild compared to a lot of stuff i have seen on my pc thank god for parental control mate.:rolleyes:
yes i agree totally trevor,i personally think we are all pretty good at keeping it to a minimum,any adult based site has some mild words,i also think we are ALL guilty of using these very mild swear words from time to time,personally it doesnt bother me :)

sammclouis said:
yes i agree totally trevor,i personally think we are all pretty good at keeping it to a minimum,any adult based site has some mild words,i also think we are ALL guilty of using these very mild swear words from time to time,personally it doesnt bother me :)
None worse than me i swear like a trooper but not on fourums, and i do not or would not complian about any one making spelling mistakes its just one of those things and i dont always use spellcheck god knows i am slow egnough as it is to reply to posts.

***** said:
Trevor, the thing is that he who casts the first stone & all of that!
See the pic of the day by Virgil & he complains about my word s**t.
Double standards I think!!:mad:
***** it was not offensive to me us Geordie's are a thick skinned lot i am only thinking of the wee ones and i think you edited your post anyway which was good of you to do that i think so not to make a mountain out of a molehill enough said on this subject for me anyway, Regards trev. ;)

double entendres

oh dear and i am so fond of my double entendres - so none of those then either....

It is my opinon for what its worth, that its time to shake hands and let bygones be bygones lads Please:eek:

***** said:
I could not agree more!
I was just going to wish Virgil all the best with his engine rebuild!
:D
Nice one mate as it was starting to get out of hand:)

***** said:
I could not agree more!
I was just going to wish Virgil all the best with his engine rebuild!
:D
all i know is we all use it sometime in our life so why someone has taken this little thing out of all context when there are much more pressing issues in our country.shall we just take one that is happening now.i refer to the lady that is as we speak sitting in na foreign country far away from her family and little one.god only knows what she is going through at this moment.i bet all her family are beside themselfs:confused: :confused: ;)

Last edited:
***** said:
Virgil, I take it U R not racing tomorrow unless u have 2 engines?
Do u race every 2 weeks?
Anyway all the best!:D
I was going to say " may ur conrods come through the block ":eek:
but thought better of it!

Just jesting!:p
All the best!:cool:
there only seems to be you and me on here now i just hope everyone reads my reply on language i feel what i have put is just.this is my first try at this and i hope it is going to be good reading otherwise i will get bored as i work on cumputers all day.;) ;) ;)

***** said:
Welcome bugsy!:D :)
Don't get bored yet!:D :D
i am so sorry but i will have to go to bed as this cold is getting the better of :) :) :) so goodnight and i will be on tomorrow to see how things are progressing

***** said:
Be very carefull what u say as Mr Plod may be watching:p
ha ha ha
ROUND MY WAY THE LITTLE LAMBS USE & KNOW A LOT WORSE LANGUAGE THAN THAT & COULD MORE THAN LIKELY TEACH ME A FEW MORE WORDS
SO WHY TRY TO HIDE IT FROM THEM THEY HEAR IT EVERY DAY AT SCHOOL
UNLES THEYRE WEARING EAR MUFFS.;)

virgil said:
Graham ...

Many thanks for your sarcasm, it was not needed and very churlish.

You asked if you had missed something and stated, you had not seen any swearing, on your edited post number 2 ....I simply pointed out the first instance of swearing that I found, it happened to be yours, just because you do not consider it to be swearing does not mean its correct for children to be reading it!

Would you like to hear a 5 year old girl uttering the word?

I have just spent a quick 2 minutes looking for other words and found two other examples... there are probably more?
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=6392&postcount=18
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2726&postcount=17

I simply asked if members could refrain from swearing or placing images of questionable content (which had been removed/edited by the time you had read the post)!

As for the image of the "scantily clad" policewomen and the prisoner, that was published on page 4 of a weekly, family newspaper who's Editor is a lay preacher.

Can I ask why you consider the image to be inappropriate?
page 3 glamour models are in a national newspaper too although we wouldnt post pics on here like that would we?
i personally think someone has upset you virgil,whats up?is it me?
i said to graham that if you were so intent on keeping us all in check with spelling,swearing and questionable content,then why did you post a pic of 3 sexy girls with suspenders on,when this is a motorhome forum??
it did or does not offend me at all but i thought that if you wanted us to keep questionable content away from this site i cant for the life of me see why its ok for you to decide whats ok and whats not.
i will not say anymore on this subject as i personally would like to get back to enjoying this site,as probably does everybody else!!
i dont want to fall out with anyone so lets get back to the real reason we are all on here.....motorhoming!!!!!:D

So no jokes about "Mrs Slowcombs Pussy being all wet and having to wipe it with the curtains" ? LOL
alot of squabbling about nowt
no need for bad lauguage though

YAAAAAAAWN

I have a 13 year old daughter and will swear in front of her if I feel it necessary.

Anyone who thinks kids in school dont hear worse is living in LALA land

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back