Lake District recommendations please

guerdeval

travelling mid June looking for sites close to towns/villages/places of interest where my wife can access, she’s just had hip replacement so will need to amuse herself while I’m walking dogs/biking etc. Not wild camping but appreciate any recommendations, thanks:giggle:

travelling mid June looking for sites close to towns/villages/places of interest where my wife can access, she’s just had hip replacement so will need to amuse herself while I’m walking dogs/biking etc. Not wild camping but appreciate any recommendations, thanks:giggle:
Sadly I think you may have left things a bit late.
There are two excellent CCC sites in Keswick right next to one an other, but I doubt if you would get in now with the Lake District being so popular. Why not pm Barryd, Barry knows this area like the back of his hand a may be able to offer some good advice. I hope you and your wife manage to sort something out, and your wife gets over her hip replacement soon.

Unfortunately most of the places we like to stay are not really near anything as we prefer to be out in rural CL's or wild spots and use the scooter to get about. One site that springs to mind is the Braithwaite Fold site just outside Bowness on Windermere. Its a C&MC site I think. Not cheap and always very busy. There is an Aire next to it though I believe.

If you want a few days right by a lake though Waterside campsite on Ullswater is perfect. No set pitches or hookup by the lake though.

If you’re looking for excellent facilities try the CCC site in Braithwaite Village. We love the site, there’s a bus outside the site to take you into Keswick. But you would be lucky to find a spot at such short notice in summer. They have excellent facilities for people with disabilities, something your wife may need for a while. I would give them a phone, the staff are all really helpful.

Theres also Millers Field at Ambleside. Not used it but there are always a few vans in there. Pricey at £20 for a car park though but it is the Lake District of course. Probably two or three hundred yards walk to the centre of Ambleside

Water polluted up there and the water board are sorry !.
Protestes today AKA, hugo boss man there.so was many more.

Download the Search for Sites App to your phone. That gives information on sites, aires and parking places all over the UK and Europe. You can plan your trip with that and have all the info at your fingertips. It's 5.99 per year. We never use anything else. Bon route.

Download the Search for Sites App to your phone. That gives information on sites, aires and parking places all over the UK and Europe. You can plan your trip with that and have all the info at your fingertips. It's 5.99 per year. We never use anything else. Bon route.
Great wee site, I use it more often now than the pois on here.
But this site has street view something search for sites lacks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back