kontiki recall

pappajohn

hi,
i recieved a letter from swift motorhomes today telling me there is a potential
fault on all year 2000 kontiki L motorhomes.
the fault being the seat swivel base can become unlatched while the vehicle is in motion.:eek: and this will be rectified free of charge.

Well.............mine doesnt have seat swivels so do you think they will fit me some for free. :D :D :D

john.

swift recall!!!!!!

I got the same recall on for my last motorhome a 2002 ACE (made by swift) the other day. Shame they couldn't send the recall to the current owners, I traded it in 2 years ago!

Telstar said:
I got the same recall on for my last motorhome a 2002 ACE (made by swift) the other day. Shame they couldn't send the recall to the current owners, I traded it in 2 years ago!

yeah, but thats swifts customer services for you. they seemed to imply that mine DOES have seat swivels and they even gave a m/h production number for the van.
weve only had this one since june and i would think the only place they can get owner info is DVLA so how come they can access DVLA records but joe public cant?

JOHN.

Telstar said:

A bit unfair to blame Swift. The new owners would need to notify Swift of the change. My Kontiki was third hand and I carried the warranty over and have had various bits done, Truma boiler recall and a delaminating window.

I also had the seat catch reminder, which fortunately did not require replacement. The catch is however of very poor design depending on a 1/8" spigot to retain it in the correct position and can easily be bent out of place. This only takes effect when returning to the normal position and the lever has to be operated to allow it to engage properly

I have been lucky as the original dealer went to the wall and fortunately my local dealer, although not Kontiki, Knowepark Caravans at Livingstone did the warranty work.

Last edited:
shortcircuit said:
A bit unfair to blame Swift. The new owners would need to notify Swift of the change. My Kontiki was third hand and I carried the warranty over and have had various bits done, Truma boiler recall and a delaminating window.

I also had the seat catch reminder, which fortunately did not require replacement. The catch is however of very poor design depending on a 1/8" spigot to retain it in the correct position and can easily be bent out of place. This only takes effect when returning to the normal position and the lever has to be operated to allow it to engage properly

I have been lucky as the original dealer went to the wall and fortunately my local dealer, although not Kontiki, Knowepark Caravans at Livingstone did the warranty work.
swift along with motor manufacturers use the dvla database to issue recall notices, this is because vehicles do change owners and is the easiest way of finding the current owners seems to have gone wrong in telstars case, pappajohn you can get info from dvla but you have to pay a fee and show good reason for wanting that info
hope this helps

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back