King Arthur's Park, Tintagel

GeoffL

We had a spare night on Thursday, so we thought we'd pay our first visit to Tintagel in the motorhome; and do it before the schools broke up for the Summer holidays. We showed up at about 3:00pm on a very blustery day to see that only 15 motorhomes were permitted overnight and that we were the 14th to pitch up! I paid for parking up to 5:00pm and then a second ticket for £5 to pay for overnight until 11:00am the following day (as advised by the car park staff). The staff said that displaying the parking tickets in a driver's side habitation window was acceptable if using an external silver screen over the cab windows. The grassy area we used has a slope and so we had to use levelling ramps. This is the area on Google Maps and the POI app centred on GPS (50.6647, -4.7519) that isn't obviously part of the POI on either Google Maps or the app.
This POI has showers, toilets, CDP, and fresh water -- all fairly recently added and charged extra, but you only need pay for what you need. The park is owned by the same people who run the King Arthur's Arms pub. We had some good food, albeit at the pricey end for pub grub, and the selection of drink is good. The POI is also convenient for the tourist features and there doesn't seem to be anything to stop you from buying extra time (£5 all day to midnight + £5 overnight = £10/day) if you want to spend more than one night there.
FWIW, about 20 vans spent the night, so I suspect that the 15-motorhome limit is just notional -- although I wouldn't feel comfortable if there was a clear parking space between me and the next unit. HTH

Back