Kelpies car park, Falkirk

We used to have windscreen wiper races around the multi storey car park at university.

Each 'contestant' would lie on the bonnet holding a wiper blade, whilst the driver went flying around the car park. first one to fall off lost.

And to think that some people say a university education can often lack real world application!!

I find it best to wait until the blood stops boiling before replying to such utter male shauvenistic rubbish Grrrrrr.

Sorry forgot to point out,.... Chauvenistic starts wiv a C! Hope this doesn't prove my point or anything:dance::raofl::cheers::cool1::wacko:

Not sure of your point with highlighted comment?
The only point is that we don't like it when people make sweeping generalizations about us camper folk, which I'm sure you would agree about. Like I said earlier, I accept that some young drivers (& old ones!) seem to find their licences in the bottom of a crackerjacks box! But also, a lot of young drivers are careful and skilled drivers, with consideration for other road users and pedestrians. Maybe it's not like that where you are, I don't know, but I just speak as I find.:idea-007::dance:

I'm thinking you may not have any male features once they've got you.

You've got me worried now bud. My mammy says it's only naughty if you really mean it! Hope I'm not in too much trouble, I won't dare venture out in my new motor when it's finished! Good job I'm converting the old ambulance by the sound of things!:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Didn't fancy trawling through the whole 170 odd replies, but the Kelpies small car park is a good place to stay, for now as it is quite popular. Apologies if this has already been posted.
They have security around which I think has pushed most of the youngsters elsewhere. Plus security do ask that you park in the far corner away from the cars. As I say, no problems at the mo but if popularity continues, you never know.

Didn't fancy trawling through the whole 170 odd replies, but the Kelpies small car park is a good place to stay, for now as it is quite popular. Apologies if this has already been posted.
They have security around which I think has pushed most of the youngsters elsewhere. Plus security do ask that you park in the far corner away from the cars. As I say, no problems at the mo but if popularity continues, you never know.

Can you keep us updated please .
Regards Gordon

well security stays till about half ten have stayed there for three nights in last month and not had any problem aprt from a women in a car with her husband who was dog walking went to have a pee beside by van early morning told it wasn't a toilet she started looking else where to go so got out of the van then she got back in the car and drove off

well security stays till about half ten have stayed there for three nights in last month and not had any problem aprt from a women in a car with her husband who was dog walking went to have a pee beside by van early morning told it wasn't a toilet she started looking else where to go so got out of the van then she got back in the car and drove off

You didn't invite her to use your facilities then.

no but she had a shock when she cam along side the van as she had her hands on the waist band of her shorts and was about to squat when I blew th horn as she didn't notice me in drivers seat and then told her it wasn't a public loo and she was using the van t o hide from traffic

Regards

Have just spent two nights here with no problems. It is also mentioned on other forums about overnight parking as being safe and allowed.
Security is visible by the car park from about 6-10pm controlling traffic flow. I have spoken to security and there are no issues. Plus they do like the odd cuppa from friendly campers!!!

Regards

Have just spent two nights here with no problems. It is also mentioned on other forums about overnight parking as being safe and allowed.
Security is visible by the car park from about 6-10pm controlling traffic flow. I have spoken to security and there are no issues. Plus they do like the odd cuppa from friendly campers!!!

Thanks for your reply ,this helps to keep members up to date with going ons etc
Regards Gordon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back