Just joined - need help

Talbot

Hi WildCampers,

Newby still trying to find my way around this site. Just bought first motorhome and trying it out this weekend at Seahouses, Northumberland. Grateful if anyone could either recommend a safe stopover walking distance to the Ship Inn by the harbour, or is there an existing thread with this information and if so how do I find it.

I look forward to any replies ;)

Welcome, lots of info on this site once you get used to finding where it is. Try the Wild Camping section on the forum list. England then Northumberland on the list. By the way your user name is same as my surname.

Then you may decend from aristocracy. John Talbot, First Duke of Shrewsbury owned a gentlemans house in a rural village in Derbyshire, which later became a pub named the Talbot Inn (circa 1590). Still stands today.

Many thanks for reply. From what I've read so far, it appears members refrain from naming sites in fear of councils etc trying to close them down or slap a 'No Overnight Camping' sign in a car park etc. I think this is good practice, and therefore am I correct in thinking the best way to find information is to tag along to a Wild Campers meeting point, which tend to be a known place like a pub car park with landlords permission.

Wild Campers - please let me know if there are any planned meetings either in Derbyshire, Yorkshire (perhaps Whitby) or North East Coast especially Northumberland.

Forgot to say that my wife and I live Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, so easy access to Peak District National Park.

Grateful for some replies so that I can get started on the wild scene

Any meets usually arranged on this //www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-meets-gatherings/ Find a nice spot and if you feel safe enjoy.

Have been in the Talbot Inn and also found a vinyard in France called Château Talbot. We have got paternal grandmother side of family going back to 1650 (Auchterlonie) (no relation to golf club maker in St Andrews Fife) Still working on paternal grandfather (Talbot) side of family back at 1772 but still working on it.

Then you may decend from aristocracy. John Talbot, First Duke of Shrewsbury owned a gentlemans house in a rural village in Derbyshire, which later became a pub named the Talbot Inn (circa 1590). Still stands today.

Many thanks for reply. From what I've read so far, it appears members refrain from naming sites in fear of councils etc trying to close them down or slap a 'No Overnight Camping' sign in a car park etc. I think this is good practice, and therefore am I correct in thinking the best way to find information is to tag along to a Wild Campers meeting point, which tend to be a known place like a pub car park with landlords permission.

Wild Campers - please let me know if there are any planned meetings either in Derbyshire, Yorkshire (perhaps Whitby) or North East Coast especially Northumberland.

Forgot to say that my wife and I live Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, so easy access to Peak District National Park.

Grateful for some replies so that I can get started on the wild scene

hi there and welcome, you have just missed the Whitby meet, this weekend, keep watching, we will soon be arranging another

J

if you check out the croft on tee thread theres a meet there friday nite on the way to where your heading our lenny could then give you some pointers hes from that neck of the wood:rolleyes::D

Hia
I'm a Stockport lass
and Rebbyvid is also a resident
small world

Welcome Talbot
Checkout the Hayfield posts its a regular get together site for a lot of us and only half hour away
rob

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back