Just bought a Mercedes Elddis Autocirrus, what do people think of them

mhairic

Just bought a Mercedes Elddis Autocirrus 1989 on 45000 miles. I got it for £8000, and it is in fantastic condition. Only 2 owners, and garaged every winter. No rust, inside and out is in great condition. One of the best i have seen for its age. comes with awning, bike rack, roof box and tow bar.
It is our third motorhome, but looking to see what people think re the price I paid and any comments on the model etc. Its a 2.5 with no power steering, which does not bother us, as our last 2 have not had it either.
any comments would be great
many thanks
mhairi

Bullet proof engine, simple design no cambelt just chain, with no potentially troublesome electronics but under powered by todays standards you'll notice it on the hills.
You're very lucky to get a rust free cab/chassis they are notorious for rusting below the windscreen (scuttle area) and lower door/step.
Make sure you carry out a damp check at 21 years old there may be leakage at seams and body mouldings especially at wall roof junction.

Bullet proof engine, simple design no cambelt just chain, with no potentially troublesome electronics but under powered by todays standards you'll notice it on the hills.
You're very lucky to get a rust free cab/chassis they are notorious for rusting below the windscreen (scuttle area) and lower door/step.
Make sure you carry out a damp check at 21 years old there may be leakage at seams and body mouldings especially at wall roof junction.

Thanks for that, will get it booked in for a damp check, worth the money i think

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back