Just arrived

DCC

Hello all

We (me the wife & 2 dogs) are new to this game, having had a van for about a month and a half.

We are getting into the swing of things though, with a couple of trips to relatives, a site stop, and a wild camp so far.

We live in Whitby, North Yorks around which there is lots of wild camping happening, so we will be the ones heading out of town as you guys are heading in

Dave

Hello all

We (me the wife & 2 dogs) are new to this game, having had a van for about a month and a half.

We are getting into the swing of things though, with a couple of trips to relatives, a site stop, and a wild camp so far.

We live in Whitby, North Yorks around which there is lots of wild camping happening, so we will be the ones heading out of town as you guys are heading in

Dave

Welcome to you and all.Love the harbour at whitby and the fish and chips, are they not the best in the country :D:D:D???????????????

Welcome and a big 'HI' To you all DCC!!:D
Everybody has their own ideas :confused: about best 'Fish & Chips'. It depends where you are from!!!!!:cool::cool: JIM

fish and chips !

i feel a marathon posting on this delicate subject about to happen ! just where are the best fish and chips in the UK.

LANCASHIRE!!!!!! :p :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool: None of your Chinky stuff either, genuine English 'Fish & Chips.' No racism intended here!! :eek: So don't start!!! :cool: :cool: :D JIM!!

Southwold Norfolk for the best fish and chips without question. Whitby is lovely and a regular destination for me as we stay frequently in Staithes old town.

opps

Oh now!! I hope I hav'nt started a fish&chip
war:eek::eek:.But I was impressed with Witby's chip supper, if you think yours is the best
let the chips begin:D:D:D

fish and chips

Try the fish and chips at Anstruther in Fife

This is just beside the harbour, quite often queues at the door.
SCRUMPTIOUS!:)

I have spent a few happy hours moored up in the harbour.

Tony

as for fish and chips go to whitby catch your own get some spuds and fry them yourself nothing better and cheap as for the batter put a slug or too of beer in yummy

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Whitby fish and chips are amongst the best, he said diplomatically, although a little more expensive than quite a few places.

Have you ever tried to fry a whole cod in a Hymer.:D:D:D
Have you ever seen the size of a full Cod! Irrespective of what your stance is on fish stocks and bans etc it’s a fact that the fish (cod & haddock) landed today are far smaller than those landed 25 plus years ago.

By coincidence in our first ‘proper’ wild camp this weekend we stayed at Cod beck reservoir just outside Osmotherly in North Yorkshire.

We were a little dubious when 8 lads in two cars turned up at 7pm but they took their tents and put them up on the other side of the beck. Once they were settled I took the two dogs for a walk past them and had a little chat to establish their ‘humanisation’.

In the early hours the heavens opened and it lashed it down, the lads must have legged it back to civilisation.

Dave

Had fish and chips in Barmouth yeaterday big queue
£4.10 expeted them to taste better some how.Eating them over looking the harbour at 17.30 with the sun on my back aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh not bad:D:D:D

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Whitby fish and chips are amongst the best, he said diplomatically, although a little more expensive than quite a few places.

Have you ever seen the size of a full Cod! Irrespective of what your stance is on fish stocks and bans etc it’s a fact that the fish (cod & haddock) landed today are far smaller than those landed 25 plus years ago.

By coincidence in our first ‘proper’ wild camp this weekend we stayed at Cod beck reservoir just outside Osmotherly in North Yorkshire.

We were a little dubious when 8 lads in two cars turned up at 7pm but they took their tents and put them up on the other side of the beck. Once they were settled I took the two dogs for a walk past them and had a little chat to establish their ‘humanisation’.

In the early hours the heavens opened and it lashed it down, the lads must have legged it back to civilisation.

Dave

Osmotherley rings a bell, in the 70s. I walked from there to Ravenscar:eek:, 45 miles I believe in 16 hours in what was known then as the Lyke Wake Walk:(,it nearly killled me:)

Just to let you all see what a proper chip buttie looks like! :eek: From the West Silloth Chipery!!! :D
DSCI0030.jpg

They tasted good as well!! :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: JIM.

Just to let you all see what a proper chip buttie looks like! :eek: From the West Silloth Chipery!!! :D
DSCI0030.jpg

Certainly looks tasty;), I,ll bet you were parked up outside the lifeboat station:eek::p

I hope you enjoyed your Chips Jim

But to get decent fish you’re on the wrong side of the UK :p

Dave

:cool: :cool: Spot on Lenny!! :cool: :cool:
I wondered how you did that, :confused: until I looked at the background through my window! :D :D JIM.

lancashire? lancashire?just step over the border to white rose county for best fish n chips and that picture of them chips. well they ar,nt brown enough not rite chips

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back