ISOLATORS FOR PV PANELS AND BATTERY

Mtbcol

Hello all.
Disconnecting stuff prior to having welding done, so going to have a tidy up and re vamp of our van electrics .

What are people using for: PV panel to charger isolation switches. Batteries to fuse box isolation. Multi 12 volt fuse boxes. Busbar units for negatives.

I've heard stories of units melting etc. so want to know what people are using successfully.

Thanks all.

Colin.

I just added a small 12v type blade fuse box between my panels and mppt. Originally I had one of the big12V isolators you can remove the handle from but that was temporary. Been using the blade fuse for over 3 years now and all good.

Hello all.
Disconnecting stuff prior to having welding done, so going to have a tidy up and re vamp of our van electrics .

What are people using for: PV panel to charger isolation switches. Batteries to fuse box isolation. Multi 12 volt fuse boxes. Busbar units for negatives.

I've heard stories of units melting etc. so want to know what people are using successfully.

Thanks all.

Colin.
For battery isolation, I am using these Durite ones....cheaper ones are available, but these are so much better quality.. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204618604633

Votronic has a built in fuse, but all my other stuff is fused through a led warning unit.
multi fuse box.png

Thanks all. Not sure if it will make any difference to people's recommendations for switches etc. But maybe I should have given the details of my set up: 1 x 320 watt solar panel. 3 x 110 ah lead acid leisure batteries.

Cheers

Colin.

Back