Isle of man.

Chrisp955

Hi all. Just become a full member so I thought I pick your brains. Has anyone wild camped at the iom out side of tt time. I'm booked on the ferry over Easter with 2 other vans. Iv read that a permit is required for some areas has anyone got any info on this. Also can anyone give me any ideas of some out of the way places that 3 vw t5 can camp together away from the roads as we will have 3 biggish dogs with us.
Thanks for any help I'm injoying the site. And getting use to the tranfare from tent to van. Although I'm still camping when out on the motorbike.

Welcome :D

If you take a look at the online POI Map you will see there are a limited number of places on the Isle of Man.

I hope you enjoy your trip and with luck you will find some other spots.

Please send recommendations to the email address below ...

The Isle of Man is perfect for motorhomes. Elsan disposal and water available at both Sulby Claddagh and Mooragh Park both of which are great places to stay. Worth getting the passes before you go. Some of the pois are lovely too and there are endless other places. We’ve stayed at the Ayres too, fantastic spot and the warden just came round an gave us a (free) annual pass.
Don’t miss the transport museums up at Jurby if you like motorbikes.

Hi There, I did a week around the IOM last year. Its a very small island - smaller than I thought it would be. I had no problem finding and staying at WC sites using the POI's though. :)

I spent the first night in howling wind on Marine Drive in a little car parking area looking over the sea - its not on our map - I suspect because its probably no good for anything larger than a campervan as there are width and height restrictions at the entrance 'gate' - look on Google and you'll see what I mean (POI Admin I will submit it to you) Its handy though - right round the corner of the ferry terminal so great for the late arrivals and early departures for us campervan owners!

Reflecting on your need of space for 3 x T5's then I think you would be OK at just about all of them. Click on them and then click on the picture (if there is one) and it will take you to the google streetview where you can judge it for yourselves Failing that - use the satellite view to judge it. :)

Enjoy!
Melissa

Last edited:
Not wildcamped for it but there's a fantastic campsite at Ballaugh Bridge that is crazy cheap. I mean really cheap. Plus free tea and coffee and microwaves and phone charging. At I point in the year where accomodation prices go ballistic this was a real treat.

Not wildcamped for it but there's a fantastic campsite at Ballaugh Bridge that is crazy cheap. I mean really cheap. Plus free tea and coffee and microwaves and phone charging. At I point in the year where accomodation prices go ballistic this was a real treat.
Is that Glen Wyilln campsite in Kirkmichael?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back