Islands of Britain

Pioneer

Did anyone else see the Islands of Britain programme with Martin Clunes on Sunday evening on itv? It covered from Muckle Flugga, farthest northern Island in the Shetlands to Barra in the Outer Hebredes, covering briefly Harris and Lewis, also the Island of Eigg.
What a great programme to see, just as we are off to the Outer Hebrides early August, can't wait now.
In the background on one camera shot was a red VW, wonder who that was?
Don't know if it will be repeated, but I'm sure it will be at sometime. The scenery was breathtaking, roll on August.

Happy Camping:)

the stunning islands

yeah great footage of a stunning area and he only touched on a few gems . Was at the Callinish stones only a few weeks ago and they look even better than on the t.v. I would discreetly stay overnight in the area of the standing stones ,so that you can see them in the evening and early morning , in fact just stay up all night and enjoy .
take in Berneray if you can, small island between Harris and North Uist, stunning beaches

Watched it, loved it! We're up that way in June so we'll be taking some of the wilding info posted on here with us, can't wait!!. :):)

i saw it and also enjoyed it.

Love seeing programmes about our own GB.

Craig

I noticed the Red VW in a couple of shots.
I was wondering if it may have been used by the cameraman for lugging his equipment around.

Hi Pioneer,
Excellent program, Co incidentally, my wife and myself are also in the outer Hebrides in early august, so we might see you. Bye the way, did you know that the Stornoway Highland games are on at the same time as we are there. Should be a good gathering.
Regards. Martyn

:mad::( I forgot it was on TV .... I once visited the Orknies and have been around Lochcarron up to Clashnessie on the west coast.

I would echo Coventrycraigs comments, there is some fantastic scenery here in the GB.

Channa

really enjoyed the programme. We need more of this sort of thing.:)

steve

Hi Pioneer,
Excellent program, Co incidentally, my wife and myself are also in the outer Hebrides in early august, so we might see you. Bye the way, did you know that the Stornoway Highland games are on at the same time as we are there. Should be a good gathering.
Regards. Martyn

Hi Martyn,
we only set sail from Oban on the 6th Aug, so will miss the games, probably should have sailed from Ullapool. If you see us,(names on the front and
back of the Motorhome) come and say hello and have a wee dram.
Bill and Angela.

:mad::( I forgot it was on TV .... I once visited the Orknies and have been around Lochcarron up to Clashnessie on the west coast.

I would echo Coventrycraigs comments, there is some fantastic scenery here in the GB.

Channa

Oh dear, you missed out big style, but I am sure it will be repeated. This week he is on the IOM, don't miss that!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back