Is wildcamping site slow?

tresrikay

Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that when I log on to this site, everything freezes up..... this happens on my laptop:mad: and my net book.:mad::confused: I have to re boot before I can contribute and then it freezes up again.:mad:

All other sites are as normal, just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar. I have done various cleaning ops and its still the same...... hence my low input of late.:(

web site slow

Haven't had that prob yet but when ever I log in, the site still says I have exceeded my 'free' views before joining, then no matter how many times I log in it wont let me doe anything unless I press yhe refresh button on web browser. Not exact same problems but they could be linked.
PS just posted this reply and noticed the "egg timer web update meter bar at bottom of screen " is taking ages to update and saying 2 items still to download/update so may well be admins end.
John:eek:

Last edited:
try clearing your cookies for the site.

Haven't had that prob yet but when ever I log in, the site still says I have exceeded my 'free' views before joining, then no matter how many times I log in it wont let me doe anything unless I press yhe refresh button on web browser. Not exact same problems but they could be linked.
PS just posted this reply and noticed the "egg timer web update meter bar at bottom of screen " is taking ages to update and saying 2 items still to download/update so may well be admins end.
John:eek:

It seems ok to me but I will run some performance tests on the server.

I have been doing alot of work behind the scenes, we should hopefully have a searchable database of sites in the next few months.

Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that when I log on to this site, everything freezes up..... this happens on my laptop:mad: and my net book.:mad::confused: I have to re boot before I can contribute and then it freezes up again.:mad:

All other sites are as normal, just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar. I have done various cleaning ops and its still the same...... hence my low input of late.:(

Mines OK as well, but not as quick as Lennys jack at Hayfield!:D

Happy Camping:)

Must be something that has got in my system from elsewhere, I use 3G on my netbook and have on the laptop, but usually I use my landline on the laptop, so that is why I was scratching my head. I will try a system restore to a few weeks ago to see if that works............ however saying that, this is the first post I have done in ages, that has not frozen:confused::confused::confused::(

Must be something that has got in my system from elsewhere, I use 3G on my netbook and have on the laptop, but usually I use my landline on the laptop, so that is why I was scratching my head. I will try a system restore to a few weeks ago to see if that works............ however saying that, this is the first post I have done in ages, that has not frozen:confused::confused::confused::(

disc clean-up, defrag, delete all .tmp and cookies followed by an antivirus thorough clean. :cool:

if that don't do it yer may just need more ram :rolleyes:

if that don't do it...must be a bit of kipper in it :eek:

regards:D
aj

disc clean-up, defrag, delete all .tmp and cookies followed by an antivirus thorough clean. :cool:

if that don't do it yer may just need more ram :rolleyes:

if that don't do it...must be a bit of kipper in it :eek:

regards:D
aj

I thought Kippers were good for the memory???:confused:

You may have to format the the hard drive if you cant fix the problem:D

I don't have a problem with speed. The problem I have is the site logs me out to quickly for a lot of my posts so I'm having to be very consise and can't afford to nip to the kitchen for a cuppa.

Richard

I think I may have solved my logging-out problem, just in case anyone is interested.

I use a password manager software called 'One-Password' which is designed just for Mac OSX. It keeps all your passwords in order and makes then accessible with one password, amongst other things it has a log-in procedure to sites that you have registered with then it logs itself out.

I think I used the wrong procedure when registering with WildCamping and-so when my password manager logs itself out it takes WildCamping with it.

Its the only time I've done this though I am a bit-of-a-plonker when it comes to computers.

Richard

hi noody! i had the same problem on the initial sign in , i contacted admin and he sorted it out!!! hope you get it sorted! thanx admin.:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back