Is this the end of wildcamping in Portugal

There are many wonderful and free aires in Portugal to use, it would appear to be forbidding parking, overnight I presume, in car parks there are plenty of other places especially inland

There are many wonderful and free aires in Portugal to use, it would appear to be forbidding parking, overnight I presume, in car parks there are plenty of other places especially inland
Bit more than that
1 - Parking outside the parks and parking areas licensed for this purpose is prohibited.

2 - It is forbidden to stay with motorhomes or similar in parks and parking areas.

The regulation is only for 2020 season and only in the context of Covid 19. However sometimes these things get renewed.

And when they realise the spending power of the MH masses has vanished what does the impoverished country do next?

while we save money not using campsites and the like, we spend a lot of our money on food and drink and visiting their sights

I'm in Portugal now, near Lagos.
We have noticed 3 large new signs prohibiting Motor homes. They are well concreted in so I can not think it is a temporary measure. However discretely parked vans have not been moved on, even after two months and no obvious place to empty your loo nearby. ( Please note I am NOT suggesting that the owners did not find a nearby facility at least one campsite remained open all the time. )

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back