Introduction

nedrawnep

Hi, signed up today. I've been camping for 16 years and now find UK campsites so expensive. We have just returned form a 4 week trip to France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Holland. We stayed FOC in Dole, France opp the cathedral, for 4 days. We stumbled across a great site, 30 feet from a canal with numerous boats moored. Showers, toilets, washing machine, elec and waste and water facilities, £2.00 a night.
We started with a Ford Transit ambulance, converted to diesel, an Iveco 60/10, it was rusting badly and sadly had to go. Now have a Dodge Superior. It's an American A class; but only 22 feet long. I've been tinkering with it for 3 years. It's always mobile for the summer months. I've fitted a Ford Cargo engine and 6 speed gearbox. Also Cargo rear axle. It now has disc brakes all round and they're air/hydraulic. I get 18 mpg and 75 mph. I bought the Cargo for £250 and have spent £500 on parts for the conversion. Still have numerous mods in mind.
We sailed from Dover this time and needed a place to stay as we salied at 2.00 am. A friendly policeman told us to park on the seafront, wardens go home at 6.00 pm and start at 9.00 am, so you'll be fine there. No problems and only 1 mile from the ferry.

Peter

France

:cool: HI YA NEDRAWNEP I HAVE NOT BEEN ACCRQSS CHANNEL YET BUT SOON AS IM FITTING OUT ME NEW DUCATO,JUST INSIDE ROOF/TOPSIDES TO INSULATE FIRST IM NORMALLY ALONG SOUTH AND EAST COASTS,BUT TRYING TO PICK UP SOME HELP ON FRANCE,,AND ALSO ANY INFO ON ,WINTER/STAY SPAIN,,MAYBE WORKING MY WAy as well,, welcombe to wildcaMPING REGARDS JOHN

welcome, like yourself theres quite afew knowledgeable people that tinker about with there vans.there is alot of mad ones aswell:D :D :D :D

Hi and welcome.
I just love this site and refer to it everday to catch up on latest news and FOC camping spots:) .
We have covered a few miles in France but not for a while now, Scotland has been our first choice of destination in recent years and we still haven't seen everywhere up there yet!:D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back